Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Rockville, MD based insurance/healthcare trade Association is seeking a part-time Accounting Manager for approximately 28 hours per week of onsite support. The Accounting Manager will report to the Director of Finance and Accounting. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, detail-oriented accountant and will support the following functions: accounting, budgeting, and financial reporting, among others.
This position is integral to ensuring that the finance and accounting operations are conducted in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and internal policies and procedures. The person in this position handles cash receipts, cash disbursements and performs certain account reconciliations. In addition, this position plays a critical role in ensuring the Association produces timely and accurate financial statements to both internal and external stakeholders.
The Accounting Manager will play a critical role in supporting and partnering with the Association staff at all levels as the organization continues to evolve. This is a tremendous opportunity for a strong Accounting Manager to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected organization. As this is a hands-on position, it requires the willingness and ability to handle recurring transactions. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned.
· Manage accounts payable function by ensuring payments are processed efficiently and in a timely manner and that appropriate vendor records are maintained.
· General ledger accounting and account reconciliations, including fixed assets, investments, and other balance sheet accounts
· Recognize membership and other revenue when earned and ensure that unearned revenue is appropriately deferred in accordance with US GAAP
· Review, audit, and record employee reimbursement requests and credit card payments in the accounting system
· Ongoing review of transaction coding by programmatic staff to ensure appropriate accounting of business transactions
· Appropriately allocate employee salaries and benefits within the accounting system
· Support the organization-wide budgeting and forecasting processes
· Deposit and record cash receipts
· Enter approved vendor invoices for payment into the accounting system
· Prepare all routine audit schedules and support the annual financial statement audit
· Reconcile Association CRM and accounting systems to ensure the two systems are in alignment
· Review and post cash receipt batches in iMIS (CRM system), import batches to the accounting system, and file batches
· Review and post invoice batches in iMIS, import batches to the accounting system, and file batches
· Support compliance efforts relating to the preparation and filing of Personal Property Tax Return, Forms 1099-MISC, Unclaimed Property reporting, and IRS Form 990
· Identify and pursue opportunities to implement process efficiencies, such as accounts payable automation, remote deposit services, etc.
· Respond to vendor and employee requests as needed
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, with significant experience in a professional office environment
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in general accounting procedures, preferably in a not-for-profit setting
- Significant Sage 50 experience is strongly preferred, but not required
- Strong knowledge of accounting concepts, techniques and principles
- Highly motivated with a willingness to learn and to work efficiently and independently
- Excellent data entry and analysis skills with particular attention to accuracy and proficiency
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and a general proficiency with technology
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills, including the ability to explain complex financial and accounting matters to non-financial stakeholders
- Detailed-oriented and analytically minded
Level of Language Proficiency
English, proficient, excellent verbal and written communication skills
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com