Details: Salary range is $55,000-65,000, based on experience. The Alliance offers a generous benefits package and a comfortable work environment in downtown Washington, DC convenient to Metro.
1850 M Street, NW
Reporting to the VP, Government Affairs & Communications, the Communications Manager, Digital & Marketing will serve as the day-to-day lead in advancing the Alliance to Save Energy’s message on energy productivity and energy efficiency to Associates and the public. Working closely with the Communications Manager, Media & Content, the individual will be responsible for serving as the Alliance brand manager and overseeing the organization’s social media, email and website platforms. He/she is expected to work collaboratively across the organization and with myriad external stakeholders.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Marketing & Brand Management
- Develop and execute communications strategy that supports multiple audiences (Associates, funders, government, media and consumers) and conveys the Alliance’s mission and strategic initiatives.
- Serve as the Alliance’s brand manager, ensuring consistency of message, look and feel of all communications products.
- Edit and maintain existing marketing materials, including letterhead, presentation/report templates, business cards, etc.
- Oversee development of annual report and additional collateral, with a focus on design and printing management.
- Edit and grow the organization’s photo library, including taking photos at Alliance events.
- Manage all Alliance social media platforms, including editorial calendar, daily content and advertising.
- Work with the Communications Manager, Media & Content to create engaging social media content, with a focus on Associate and consumer-oriented content.
- Monitor social media platforms for Alliance mentions and engagement opportunities related to Associates, initiatives and events.
- Answer and respond to questions and engagements from social media audiences.
- Support Alliance initiatives, trips, news and events on social media, including live-tweeting.
- Research ongoing updates to social media platforms and emerging trends.
- Serve as internal staff lead on ASE.ORG redesign, including managing timelines and design firm.
- Serve as primary point person for maintaining ASE.ORG; conduct weekly website audit to ensure content is fresh, links and pages are functional, and protocol is being followed.
- Work with teams to develop, edit and approve content for ASE.ORG.
Email Marketing & Advocacy
- Grow and nurture email lists, ensuring accuracy of data and proper use of lists.
- Manage editorial calendars for email marketing.
- Format and send all marketing emails, including wEEkly Buzz and other Alliance newsletters.
- Manage editorial calendar and staff content submission for wEEkly Buzz newsletter, working with teams to ensure robust and timely content.
- Manage vendors including email marketing platform (Emma), web support contractors, printer(s), etc.
- Prepare monthly social media, email marketing and web traffic metrics and reports.
- Provide staff training on digital media platforms and ensure established digital media protocols and best practices are being followed.
- Execute special projects as required, including marketing support for strategic initiatives and events.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public policy or related field.
- 4-8 years of experience in social media, public relations, media relations, communications.
- Strong knowledge of and skills in social media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Graphic design experience (Adobe Creative Cloud), including creating marketing materials.
- Basic HTML understanding and website management experience (Drupal and/or WordPress).
- Photography and video editing experience (Adobe Premiere Pro, iMovie, Final Cut, etc.) is a plus.
- Strong writing and editing abilities; knowledge of AP writing style.
- Ability to work on many projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
- Team player. Excellent interpersonal skills. Sense of humor.
- Enthusiasm for advocacy- and issue-oriented communications work and for promoting the Alliance’s messages to the public and policymakers.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume – in a single file – via the link to apply for this position.
Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.