About the Position
World Pulse is seeking a confident professional with an abundance mindset and desire to grow a rewarding career in the international fund development sector. The successful candidate for our Development Manager will thrive on reciprocal relationships, building systems, and have a passion for inspiring generosity for women and girls worldwide.
The Development Manager is responsible for managing and optimizing organizational development processes to increase revenue. The desired professional interfaces with key stakeholders such as team, board members, donors, partners, and advisors, and possesses exemplary management and communication skills, outstanding attention to detail, eagerness to excel in all responsibilities listed below, and capability to grow their role at World Pulse.
- Manage the implementation of annual strategic fundraising plan and major donor cultivation, reoccurring member revenue, solicitation and stewardship efforts.
- Strategic planning to optimize development processes to increase revenue.
- Support the development and implementation of World Pulse’s monthly giving program.
- Lead the departments CRM system improvements as well as identifying and championing various tech solutions that support fundraising goals.
- Manage major donor giving circle and annual activities.
- Manage monthly and annual revenue projections with Finance Manager and CFO.
- Manage annual fund and oversee event mailing logistics, including segmented donor appeals.
- Analyze fundraising reports. (i.e. cost/benefit analyses of data, appeal results, portfolio growth, and membership statistics)
- Oversee incoming gifts processing & stewardship systems.
- Manage the development of fundraising materials and communications.
- Manage fundraising events, as identified.
- Represent and liaise for World Pulse in important meetings and forums nationwide.
- Manage fundraising pages and presentation on website and in print publications.
- Conduct research to identify new prospects and develop cultivation moves for said new philanthropists, corporations and foundations.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Excellent research skills and proven experience (through prior internships or thesis-related work) in carrying out research and financial projects.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills to analyze data and understand its relationship to the overall fundraising objectives and ability to provide written assessment.
- Experience with office technology including Microsoft Office, Raiser’s Edge or other major database.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities, ensuring organization and attention to details.
- Proven, exemplary interpersonal and diplomacy skills, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Commitment to the mission of World Pulse.
- Self-motivated, critical thinker who can think outside the box to identify creative solutions.
- Ability to contribute individually and participate in cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor's degree and or 3 plus years experience.
LOCATION: Portland, Oregon
APPLICATIONS DUE: April 9, 2018
World Pulse is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from diverse people from the global community.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter, resume and expected salary requirements to email@example.com.