2732 N. Clark, Ste. 310
Growing Home, a job training program for individuals with employment barriers, has been
working in Englewood for the past decade. The Development department at Growing
Home is looking for a dynamic Individual Giving Coordinator to join to our team. We are seeking candidates who are detailed oriented, have exceptional organizational and relationship building skills, and thrive working in a dynamic role.
Top candidates will be energetic, committed to individual and social change, and willing to assist in all aspects of our development work. The Individual Giving Coordinator is responsible for leading the team in donor prospecting, cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgement, and engagement at all levels of giving—working closely with the Director of Development to build and manage a robust major gifts program. The Coordinator will take a lead role in planning the annual campaign and donor cultivation and stewardship events; this work includes supporting Benefit planning and leading the Backyard Dinner and other small events as key donor engagement opportunities. The Coordinator will lead the Associate Board and support the Director of Development in facilitating Governing Board fundraising.
· Major gifts program management: conduct donor research/segmentation and prospecting, help establish then manage program procedures, manage a small portfolio of donor relationships and support other staff in managing their donor portfolios, assist in developing major gift proposals, create reports
· Donor relations: develop donor cultivation, acknowledgement, and stewardship strategies, lead activities including cultivation events, and ensure proper tracking of donor engagements in the organization’s donor database, in partnership with Development Assistant
· Annual campaign: with the Director of Development, develop and manage the end-of-year fundraising campaign, and develop additional campaigns as appropriate
· Benefit: play a lead role benefit planning as appropriate (specific duties will change from 2018 to 2019)
· Events: lead 2-3 smaller fundraising/friendraising events throughout the year including the annual Backyard Dinner event in September
· Associate Board: serve as the staff lead to the Associate Board, leading member recruitment, engagement, and fundraising with support of the Grants & Communications Associate and Development Assistant
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
● Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
● At least three years of experience leading an individual giving program including donor engagement through events and campaigns
● At least two years of experience with major gifts and board relations
● Demonstrated ability to build long-term relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders in a positive, engaging manner
● Superior written and verbal communication skills
● Some experience with communications, PR, and/or grant-writing preferred
● Professional computer skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite, proficiency in Gift Works, Salesforce, Wealth Engine; also, WordPress, Constant Contact or similar programs a plus
● Commitment to Growing Home’s mission and values
In addition to base wage, Growing Home offers a competitive benefits package, including: health insurance, a generous vacation package, and the opportunity to start a 401 K after 6 months of employment
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, submit an application to email@example.com. Your application must consist of a cover letter, resume, and two professional references. The subject line of your application email should be “Individual Giving Coordinator.” Applications must be received as a single PDF document. Emails only - calls, in-person visits, and postal mail will not be accepted.