Minds Matter is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to transform the lives of accomplished high school students from low-income families by broadening their dreams and preparing them for college success. For more than 25 years, every Minds Matter student has been admitted to a four-year college or university.
Founded in New York City in 1991, Minds Matter is now a national college access program with chapters in 14 cities. Collectively, Minds Matter serves nearly 800 students and engages over 1,700 volunteers in meaningful service. Minds Matter now seeks an enthusiastic, adaptable and driven Data & Support Manager to join the team. This unique position will work across chapters to ensure effective data collection and shared support services.
This is a mid-level position. Minds Matter offers full benefits and a fun and flexible workplace.
- Team player who is ready to learn and grow with the organization
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Positive, helpful and customer-service minded
- Committed, creative and enthusiastic
- Problem solver with good judgement
- Passionate about the Minds Matter mission
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Database & Metrics
- Manage the Salesforce database shared by all Minds Matter chapters
- Set and follow protocols that maintain data integrity, timeliness and reporting accuracy
- Manage, upgrade and integrate data collection tools and protocols (including survey instruments, report queries and dashboards)
- Train staff and volunteers from all Minds Matter chapters in Salesforce and other data systems, and ensure that they are following the correct data protocols
- Collect and report on organizational metrics, for both individual chapters and the entire network
Shared Services Support
- Facilitate background checks and training for all volunteers, and help chapters ensure compliance
- Facilitate chapter audits and financial reviews
- Manage chapter insurance policies and ensure that all chapters are insured and compliant
- Prepare chapter dues invoices and ensure that chapters are up to date with annual dues payments
- Coordinate shared document repository and ensure that documents are current and correct
- Work with chapters to create organization-wide annual report
- Manage and acknowledge donations to Minds Matter National
- Assist with Minds Matter National fundraising events
- Work with Minds Matter National Board members to coordinate meetings; assist with individual Board member requests
- Facilitate bookkeeping and financial reporting
- Manage communications to chapters, donors and other stakeholders from Minds Matter National
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Deep understanding of database (CRMs) and reporting systems, functionality, and internal processes, experience working with Salesforce a plus
- 4-5 years work experience in data management, evaluation, or operations
- Outstanding computer skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office, expertise in Microsoft Excel
- Can communicate with others in a warm and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport
- Ability to respond to requests for assistance in a timely and thorough manner
- Able to manage multiple complex tasks
- Capable of working independently as well as collaboratively
- Must be available to work occasional evenings
Minds Matter welcomes applications from candidates with diverse experiences and perspectives.
Minds Matter offers full health and dental benefits, as well as a flexible schedule.
Level of Language Proficiency
All candidates must be fluent in written and spoken English; other language proficiencies a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply here with a resume in PDF format.