Urban Pathways serves as the first point of contact for New York City's most vulnerable residents - people living on the streets, in subways, or in public areas. An innovative and data-driven leader, Urban Pathways is known for the effectiveness of our "housing first" approach. We engage individuals where they are in the cycle of homelessness. Through outreach and drop-in center services, transitional, long-term and permanent housing, and comprehensive support services, Urban Pathways helps more than 2,000 homeless men and women take control of their lives and find their way home. Urban Pathways is a 501(C)3 non-profit organization. We seek to hire talented and highly motivated individuals who will partner with us to provide excellent service to our clients.
Reporting to the Director of Development and Communications, the Development Database Associate's duties include:
- Process gifts and maintain the Raiser’s Edge Database by entering data, creating new records, entering revisions and updates, adding notes and actions, coding gifts, sending donor acknowledgements, generating mailing lists, running queries and reports, and filing all donor documentation and correspondence.
- Serve as liaison to Finance Department. Submit all gift documentation to the Finance Department and ensure reconciliation.
- Generate reports including: gift reports, donor histories, peer lists, quarterly reports for the Board of Directors and Associate Board, and other reports as requested.
- Produce mailing lists for appeals and publications.
- Complete the set-up of the Raiser’s Edge Database working with tech support firm to clean-up remaining duplicate from prior fiscal years; deduplicate donor records; populate empty fields; establish meaningful attributes, campaigns and appeals; generate global actions; set-up report and query templates; organize acknowledgement letter templates; set-up recurring actions and reminders via NTX and/or Outlook; and establish system for entering notes into the Database.
- Cross train Development and Communications Associate on gift processing and maintenance of the Department Database.
- Attend staff meetings and participate in ongoing training and professional development.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of two years related experience preferred
- Experience with Raisers Edge required
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including proofreading
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders (i.e., colleagues, donors, and volunteers)
- Occasionally required to work a flexible schedule including evenings, holidays, and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Commitment to Urban Pathways’ mission