Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the Development Officer will spearhead development efforts as Hope Multiplied continues to grow. A new position in the organization, the Director will have the opportunity to build the development function from the ground up.
HOPE Multiplied is a purpose driven organization that seeks to joyfully meet the physical, emotional, social, and relational needs of communities in the D.C. Metro area. Instead of focusing on one problem, HOPE takes a more entrepreneurial approach to service. We are needs-based, not expertise-based. We go into communities, connect with those in need and those doing on-the-ground work, identify the greatest needs to each unique area based on research and data, then create the programs to meet those needs. Therefore, what we do is very much dependent on where we do it.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fund raising special events.
- Direct employee fundraising drives.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Develop and execute Hope's annual fundraising plan
- Creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Must embrace the mission of the organization
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 3 years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
Job Type: Full time or Part time (Freelance option available)
Competitive compensation with incentives. Remote work and flexible schedule: we are interested in outcomes achieved/funds raised.
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to Steve@HopeMultiplied.org.