131 Tunitas Creek Rd
Half Moon Bay
Sweet Farm is hiring a Part-Time Social Media Manager & Graphic Designer to help us engage with and grow our community, as well as spread our educational messaging around how to make the world a more humane and sustainable place.
Sweet Farm is devoted to helping animals in the food system by empowering people to lead compassionate and sustainable lives. We provide a loving, lifelong home to over 100 rescued animals and sustainably grow heirloom plants and flowers on 12 acres of farmland along coastal Highway 1. Through animal rescue and rehabilitation, and hands-on agricultural programs, we create positive experiences, education, and simple steps people can take to help end the inhumane practices associated with factory farming.
- Propose, maintain and monitor comprehensive, yet flexible, social media content strategy
- Create social media editorial calendars and posting cadence
- Publish content across owned and earned social channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and YouTube
- Engage members and supporters in brand specific and advocacy related campaigns as needed
- Track trends and report insights and social analytics
- Grow and manage social media communities and promote click-through to Sweet Farm's website
- Deep listening and responding to influencers and engaged audience members
- Manage online reputation of Sweet Farm and respond strategically to feedback and comments and chatter as needed
- Social media monitoring and customer resource management
- Responding to cross-departmental social media promotion needs
- Experience managing social media pages with proven success in fostering engagement.
- Social media responsibility as evidenced by personal social footprint online
- Social media responsibility as evidenced by professional social footprint online
- Basic HTML proficiency
- Strong writing and communication skills with a passion for finding the right words and images, and a knack for getting to the point, accurately and succinctly
- Experience producing engaging editorial content for diverse audiences
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines while effectively managing multiple projects with creativity and flexibility
- Detail oriented with an ability to experiment and draw insights from data
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- An interest in emerging social media platforms
- A passion for data and experience tracking and reporting social media insights statistics
- Familiarity, commitment and passion for Sweet Farm's vision and mission
- Part time position
- Occasional evening or weekend availability required
- Position to be based on Sweet Farm in Half Moon Bay, CA
Minimum Education Required