Job Code: T-158
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
· Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
· Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
· Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
· Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
· Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
· Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Job Summary: The teacher is responsible for development and implementation of the academic program, documentation of state and ORR assessment standards, report cards and supervision. The position provides supervision in the education setting and supports the program’s behavioral model. Position responsibilities include:
• Provide academic instruction consistent with the students’ academic development, literacy and linguistic ability. Course instruction includes varying levels of English, Math and Science including English language training.
• Develop and implement written weekly lesson plans, meeting individual student’s needs, provides applied learning activities that are active, student directed, project based and integrated.
• Regularly assess each student in the programs to determine individual educational competency levels.
• Manage classroom behavior utilizing proactive intervention strategies and positive highlighting program model.
• Review student’s educational transcripts including IEP and client goals and objectives on a regular basis.
• Develop professional relationships with community resources to acquire curriculum materials to enhance the learning experience for students.
• Participate or facilitate classroom team meetings, staff meetings, and committees as needed
Schedule: Full-time, regular position.
Education and Work Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree and license by the Teacher Standards and Practices commission for assignment as a teacher required
• Master’s degree and Teaching as a Second Language (ESL)/Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages certification (TESOL) required
• Bi-lingual in English and Spanish required
• Intermediate computer skills
• Some positions must meet agency driving requirements
• Must pass criminal background check and be 21 years or older.
Pay Range (ESL/TESOL): $21.19 - $21.69
Pay Range (OR licensed teacher): $23.24 - $23.79
Perks and Benefits: Extensive benefit package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. Company provided Life and Long-Term Disability. Paid vacation and sick time. Transportation stipend for employees working at our downtown location. Access to employee resource groups and much more!
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
• Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job code “T-158” in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter. Indicate that you’re applying for the Teacher position.
• Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services following the directions above to 503-736-9759.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.