Assistant Director of Communications and Special Projects
- Job posted by QSAC - Quality Services for the Autism Community
Details: Salary Commensurate with Experience
253 W. 35th Street - 14th fl
QSAC is looking for an Assistant Director of Communications and Special Projects to support our mission providing quality services for people with autism and their families. The Assistant Director of Communications and Special Projects oversees marketing, communications, grant-related projects, and external training programs for the agency. This includes project management of QSAC's online learning and teacher training program. The Assistant Director supports the Director of Development and Communications on an array of agency-wide projects related to operations and board relations.
- Manage marketing and communication projects including the organization’s website, social media sites, and print material including the agency’s annual report.
- Supervise communications support staff.
- Designs materials (print and digital) to support agency departments and for special events.
- Collaborate with the CEO, the Grants and Special Projects Associate, and related program staff on developing and expanding the agency’s training programming through the development of partnerships and exploring of new opportunities with local and state government organizations that leverage the organization’s knowledge and expertise.
- Work with the Director of Development and Communications on the preparation and review of grant proposals.
- 3 to 5 years of experience.
- Experienced communications and development professional with a Master's degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Team-oriented individual with problem solving and customer service skills.
- Very strong writing and editorial skills.
- Strong technical skills including mastery of Adobe Design Suite (InDesign, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator), Microsoft Office, iContact (or a similar e-mail management system) required
Our benefits go beyond health and retirement. You will be joining a passionate community of professionals and staff who support each other in a challenging and rewarding work culture.
- Generous Paid Time Off policy
- Medical Insurance as low as $1.00 per paycheck
- Dental, and Vision Insurance starting at $5.00 per paycheck
- Low employee cost Group Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Competitive salary
Minimum Education Required