Yonkers Partners in Education (YPIE) is a nonprofit organization located in Yonkers, NY whose mission is to partner with students to ensure they are ready for, enroll in, and complete college. We confront the challenges of a low-income, urban school district by providing families with equitable access to the critical tools and services necessary for college success.
Job Mission: YPIE programs are focused on ensuring that students are ready for, enroll in, and succeed in college. The Director of College Success will:
- Develop, lead, and manage the YPIE College Success program to ensure that 100% of YPIE students achieve college access program goals.
- Practice intrusive advising to coach a caseload of YPIE College Success students so 100% persist through college.
The Director of College Success is responsible for achieving the following outcomes:
Team Leadership Outcomes
Develop, lead, and manage the YPIE College Success program to ensure that 100% of YPIE students achieve college success program goals.
- Work with the organization leadership to create a plan for the College Success Program, including metrics, milestones, deliverables, and program calendar.
- Manage, train, and support YPIE College Success Managers to achieve 100% of program goals by coaching staff and developing professional development plans, coordinating schedules, setting and tracking goals and milestones, and completing staff performance evaluations.
- Develop and execute a plan to incorporate student peer mentors to expand the reach of the program; manage student peer tutors.
- Develop and execute a Summer Bridge Program, including student recruitment, program planning, workshop planning, and logistical organization.
- Coordinate and execute student recruitment and onboard students into the program.
- Manage YPIE data systems to track and report on student progress and program outcomes, including an analysis of existing National Student Clearinghouse data and a plan to track the activities and outcomes for the cohort of students.
College Success Coaching
Practice intrusive advising to coach a caseload of YPIE College Success students so 100% re-enroll between semester 1 and 2 and semester 2 and 3.
- Practice “intrusive advising” to support students with organization, class management, resource management, relationship building, and other areas of their lives that will ensure college persistence.
- Become familiar with students’ on campus resources and establish partnerships/cultivate relationships with support offices at the colleges students attend that will result in referrals to appropriate on- or off-campus resources and supports (academic, financial, career-related, social, emotional, etc.).
- Organize both one-on-one and group events (in-person and virtual) that will allow for regular communication and group support.
- Coach students to identify, apply to, and begin working at summer jobs and internships related to their career paths.
- Work with students to create a plan for post-program participation and post-college.
Strong Applicants will possess:
- An outcomes-focused orientation
- Experience in counseling, social work, or related field
- Experience with program management and/or team leadership
- Experience with and commitment to ensuring equity for a diverse population of students
- Experience working with, tracking, and analyzing data to target student support and evaluate effectiveness
- A car and a willingness to travel to students’ colleges to ensure success
- Flexibility to work some evening and weekend hours as student needs arise