Details: depending on experience
520 8th Avenue, Suite 319
The Alliance of Resident Theatres/ New York (A.R.T./New York), a leading service and advocacy organization for New York City’s more than 400 nonprofit theatres, seeks a Communications Coordinator to implement communications across all departments for this growing organization.
Our 400 member theatres are the heart of our organization. A.R.T./New York provides professional development, funding opportunities, consulting, cohort-based learning and subsidized space. Our programming, new development initiatives, and advocacy efforts position A.R.T./New York as a thought-leader in the New York theatre community.
The Communications Coordinator is a dynamic position that requires working closely across all departments of the organization. Currently supervised by the Membership and Communications Manager, the Communications Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of communications strategies toward A.R.T./New York’s varied audiences: our 400 members theatres, donors, audiences at the A.R.T./New York Theatres, and the broader public.
Responsibilities will include:
· Under the supervision of the membership and communications manager, work closely with all departments on communications planning and calendaring to ensure timely, well paced communications with a consistent look, feel, and voice;
· Compose copy for digital platforms and synthesize copy provided by departments for communications needs;
· Coordinate content shared on social media to promote organization's online presence as a service organization for nonprofit theatres in New York City, as well as engage members in programming and community events;
· Coordinate digital advertising for A.R.T./New York via Facebook ads and Google AdWords to raise awareness of A.R.T./New York, promote new programs, and solicit donations;
· Construct and edit organization's outgoing email messaging to member companies and donors including newsletters, fundraising campaigns, event invitations, and advocacy alerts, and maintain the various email lists for all departments;
· Assisting in all direct mail campaigns;
· Support development and programs staff with pulling mailing lists and maintaining contact lists;
· Assist various departments, particularly development, with the creation of presentations materials;
· Build, edit, and maintain online forms such as donation forms and event registrations;
· Manage website including updating the landing page, blog, show calendar, and all content pages, creating new pages as needed;
· Moderate graphic design work for digital and physical materials ranging from social media to website graphics, brochures, posters, and flyers as needed;
· Additional duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will be:
· Experienced with many or all of the following: DonorPerfect, Memberclicks, Constant Contact, social media platforms, Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, HTML code, and excited about new technology solutions;
· A great writer with experience writing for the web;
· Highly organized, eager to take ownership and prioritize projects;
· A problem solver with a positive attitude and a track record of good judgement;
· Experienced in the nonprofit field, with a passion for theatre and theatre artists
Salary is $37,000-$40,000 depending on experience, with an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, optional Aflac plans, reimbursed theatre tickets, tax free transit, and optional 401K plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and a content sample (for example: a sample of social or blog writing, graphic design work, video editing, an eblast, etc.) to email@example.com. Please put your full name and “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line of the email.
Priority will be given to applications received by April 23rd.
A.R.T./New York is committed to creating a welcoming environment that is inclusive and welcoming of people from all backgrounds, identities, and abilities. We seek candidates from diverse backgrounds and experiences, and we are an equal opportunity employer.