250 Valencia Street
Registrar and Assistant to the Middle School Head
San Francisco Friends School is a K–8 independent school founded in 2002 on the Quaker values of simplicity, integrity, mutual respect, service to others and peaceful problem solving. The school is located in the Mission.
We seek an experienced, efficient and personable Registrar and Assistant to the Middle School Head. This individual keeps all student related information for current students and incoming students. The ideal candidate is data driven with a keen eye for detail. The position is a full year, full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Middle School Head and working in close collaboration with the Director of Educational Technology, Admissions and High School Counseling departments.
- Maintain current, accurate and auditable student records (digital and hard copy)
- Coordinate with Admissions to ensure timely registration of new students and graduation/withdrawal of departing students
- Track and update all student and family information changes in the database
- Generate accurate and timely reports and lists as needed by various departments, families, teachers
- Keep current on regulations related to confidentiality and data retention with regard to student records
- Collect, track, and input immunization records. Follow up with families, and manage allergy care plan
- Revise, track, and distribute digital student Progress Reports; distribute results of annual standardized testing
- Manage administrative details of 8th graders’ high school admissions process
- Generate and upload transcripts
- Provide overall data for high school admissions
- Work closely with High School transition coordinator
- Oversee, coordinate and track online summer mailing to families and input data received via mailing
- Maintain relationship with school database company
- Review and update registrar policies and procedures on a regular basis under direction of Head of Middle School
- Identify areas for improvement in student information processes to improve accuracy and efficiency
- Other roles as assigned
ASSISTANT TO THE MIDDLE SCHOOL HEAD
- Provide administrative support to Middle School Head
- Make curricular purchases for teachers
- Assist in all-school events such as Back-to-School Night, Parent Conference Days, Portfolio Night, etc.
- Oversee all Back to School Night documentation
- Perform other duties as needed (front desk coverage, carpool, recess, field trips, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years experience with complex data systems within a school setting (preferred) or a busy office, ability to manage data integrity
- Highly detail oriented with strong judgement/discretion with confidential information
- Quick and Efficient problem solver, solutions oriented
- Excellent project management skills and organization
- Experience with FileMaker Pro (Keystone/Inresonance experience preferred) and Google Suite
- Familiarity with Education Code regarding student records (FERPA)
- Personable, collaborative working style, team player, interest in school/mission
- Spanish speaker preferred
For further information about San Francisco Friends School’s beginnings, mission and philosophy, please visit our website at www.sffriendsschool.org.
The San Francisco Friends School welcomes all students and staff and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, religion, gender, secual orientation or disability in administration of its educational policies, enrollment or hiring policies, and other school-administered programs.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, life insurance and retirement plan (after eligibility period) are provided.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required