1230 York Avenue
The Rockefeller University is the world’s leading biomedical research University. Our groundbreaking discoveries in basic and clinical research are transforming medicine. We share a singular commitment to advancing science for the benefit of humanity. Our collaborative culture drives each of us to achieve a higher level, fueling the breakthroughs for which we are known.
Working as part of the team responsible for Academic Events and Initiatives at the University, you will provide program support for the University's academic seminar series, scientific retreats and symposia, junior faculty recruitment process, and special projects.
Directly supporting the Associate Director of Academic Programs and the Senior Academic Events Coordinator, your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the preparation of detailed visit schedules and liaising with faculty and laboratories, campus service departments and external venues
- Tracking event registrations
- Checking event/seminar set-ups, posting flyers/advertisements, and other event-related details.
- Providing general office administration, including data entry, proofreading, filing, copying, ordering office supplies, maintenance of office machines and service contracts, and other task as assigned
- Conducting general accounting duties, including processing vendor payments, petty cash reimbursements, honoraria, and other accounting functions
- A Bachelor's degree and two to five years of related experience
- Experience in events planning and/or meeting planning; experience in an academic or non-profit administrative setting strongly preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in Word and Excel on a MAC platform; knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and HTML a plus
- The ability to multi-task while meeting overlapping deadlines
- Strong organization skills and be extremely detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Excellent writing, grammar and proofreading skills
- Strong analytical skill
- The ability to work occasional evenings
Rockefeller University provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
No matter who you are or what role you play, you’ll help change the face of bioscience, and feel good at the end of the day knowing you’ve contributed to the greater good. Science for the Benefit of Humanity.
Employees at all levels receive competitive salaries, excellent benefits and perks, and the tools they need to excel. This strong support fosters a culture with extremely dedicated and satisfied employees, many of whom have long-term associations with the university.
Rockefeller University provides a robust, comprehensive benefits plan for all of our full-time and part-time employees. We strive to support our employees in their work and their life, offering great benefits, perks, and valuable resources for each employee and their family.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply to this position, please click on the website URL and make sure to upload your resume/CV and a cover letter.
The Rockefeller University is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans