1020 19th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Reports to: IT Manager, YWCA USA
Primary Purpose: To provide technical expertise to the Information Technology Department, ensuring efficient operations of all YWCA digital resources.
Organization History and Impact: The YWCA is one of the oldest and largest multicultural women’s organizations in the United States with more than 2 million participants in 1,300 locations throughout the U.S. Worldwide, the YWCA serves more than 25 million women and girls in 125 countries.
As a voice for every woman, the YWCA is a grassroots organization that provides programs, services and advocacy to respond to and address the critical needs in the community. For over a century, the YWCA has been a powerful advocate for women and girls
Basic Duties: The Web & Technology Coordinator will provide support to and coordination for the Information Technology Department for the YWCA USA. This position requires excellent technical skills with the ability to think through issues and make recommendations to management. Additional responsibilities will include assisting with various webmaster duties and most importantly, the ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent projects is essential.
The Web & Technology Coordinator will:
- Assist with ongoing web duties and support of the YWCA public and intranet websites and serve as support to the other public websites for web development and content management, including updating existing content, creating new pages and culling older content as necessary.
- Assist in vendor selection, content migration and build-out of a brand new YWCA USA Intranet.
- Assist in the implementation and completion of computer/network projects.
- Provide support as directed by the IT manager for ongoing digital communications/IT capacity building activities for the local YWCA associations.
- Assist in general troubleshooting and employee instruction of PC/network system operations.
- Assist with the set up and termination of e-mail accounts/passwords.
- Assist the Web & Technology Manager in the use of web analytic tools to produce reports to drive organizational decisions.
· Identify opportunities for expanded website features and functions, including the implementation of new technologies and trends.
· Other duties as assigned by the IT Manager
· Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and/or two years related experience, preferably with an membership-based non-profit organization
· Experience implementing and maintaining websites using content management systems (WordPress CMS knowledge preferred)
· Strong knowledge of and skill in HTML and a familiarity with CSS
· Proven experience with Microsoft Office 365, particularly Sharepoint, is strongly preferred.
· Strong knowledge of membership database management, particularly NetForum is strongly preferred
· Excellent organizational, time management, communication skills
· Knowledge of website development standards
· Proficient with office productivity suites, especially Microsoft Office and familiarity with a graphics editing program, such as Adobe Photoshop, is recommended
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from YWCA national and local association staff
· Ability to work collegially in a fast paced team environment and adapt to change as necessary
· Ability to interface both with tech-savvy and non-tech savvy individuals with respect and skill
The selected candidate must be passionate about the mission and vision of the YWCA. S/he must have a track record of success and capacity to assist with the development and support of a sophisticated content management system and related digital communications tools
The successful candidate will bring strong organizational skills and will have the ability to multi-task while keeping track of detailed information.
Minimum Education Required