For fifty years, NARAL Pro-Choice America has led the fight for reproductive freedom for everyone, including the right to access abortion. Powered by more than 2.5 million members from all 50 states and a network of state affiliates, NARAL Pro-Choice America represents the more than seven in 10 Americans who believe every person should have the freedom to make the best decision for themselves about if, when and how to raise a family. This means we’re on the front lines in the fight to expand access to abortion, make contraception more affordable, prohibit discrimination against pregnant women, and ensure all parents have access to paid leave. In recognition of our work defending the constitutional right to abortion, Fortune Magazine rated NARAL as “one of the top 10 advocacy groups in America.”
At NARAL, we don’t operate or litigate; we organize and mobilize. Working together, we push our friends to be bolder, lift up the champions fighting with us on the front line for true reproductive freedom, and we shine a spotlight of accountability on bad actors that work to impose their ideological agenda on others
Location: Washington, DC
Reports to: Deputy Government Relations Director
This position is: Level IV, Union, Exempt
Salary Range: $59,600-$72,500
Conduct NARAL’s lobbying work on Capitol Hill and represent NARAL with coalition partners and other constituencies. Track and analyze federal reproductive freedom policy actions, including legislation, executive actions, legal cases, and federal nominees. Produce written analysis, policy memos, fact sheets, and other materials.
● Work collaboratively with Government Relations Department colleagues to advance a proactive policy agenda at the federal level.
● In coordination with the federal GR team, lead as the point person on a portfolio of NARAL’s advocacy work.
● Build and maintain relationships with the legislative and policy staff of members of Congress, executive agencies and departments, and others.
● Track, review, and analyze relevant reproductive freedom policy developments at the federal level, including legislation, executive regulations and guidance, and legal cases.
● Write, edit, and update policy memos, federal comments, fact sheets, model legislation, preparatory materials for legislative hearings, and other policy and advocacy documents.
● Research federal judicial and executive branch nominees’ records on reproductive freedom and produce public facing profiles.
● Represent NARAL with coalitions and other partners.
● Review cross-department materials for policy accuracy, including press releases, talking points, emails to members, and other materials.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Four-year college degree, plus 3-5 years’ work experience required. JD or other relevant advanced degree preferred. An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for up to two years of experience.
● Experience working on reproductive freedom and related issues.
● Experience working on Capitol Hill, the executive branch, and/or lobbying at the federal level, or strong understanding of federal policy and related processes.
● Experience with legislative, policy and/or legal analysis, research, and writing.
● Deep attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Ability to work independently and collaboratively while meeting deadlines consistently with minimal supervision.
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to efficiently manage multiple tasks and timelines simultaneously.
● Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce and sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences is required.
● Commitment to NARAL's mission and goals.
For fifty years, NARAL Pro-Choice America has led the fight for reproductive freedom for everyone, including the right to access abortion. Powered by more than 2.5 million members from all 50 states and a network of…
Competitive benefits package
Competitive benefits package