Details: Hourly Rate: $13.00
Position: P/T Security – Amsterdam Residence
Reports To: Residence Coordinator
Fountain House successfully addresses the devastating impact of serious mental illness. We were founded in New York City in 1948 with the belief that people living with mental illness can be active participants in their own and each other’s recovery. Each year, over 1,300 members come to Fountain House to contribute their talents, learn new skills, access opportunities and forge new friendships.
Fountain House creates a culture that transforms lives. Our members, in partnership with staff, operate employment, education, housing and wellness programs. They perform all activities, including advocacy, administrative support, building maintenance and food preparation that keep our community going. Members hold jobs, graduate from schools, develop social networks and experience fewer hospitalizations and improved overall health. Increased fulfillment, sense of purpose, and stability inevitably follow.
Fountain House has inspired the creation of hundreds of similar programs in 34 countries that serve more than 100,000 people annually. In 2014, the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation recognized our global reach and the efficacy of our evidence-based model with the prestigious Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize.
Fountain House provides professional development opportunities and promotes from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires personal growth and development.
· Ensure safety of residence building, by conducting timely rounds, ensuring doors and windows are properly locked and alarm system is functional and armed.
· Engage and work alongside members, as it pertains to the functions of Security at Fountain House.
· Active participation in the maintenance and cleanliness of the residence, including cleaning of stairs, buffing of floors, etc.
· Ability to work on a rotational basis, including covering shifts when necessary.
· Customer service focus when answering the telephone. Able to take messages properly and transfer calls accordingly.
· Ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
· Other duties; as required.
Other Requirements or Preferred Characteristics:
· Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
· Familiarity of mental illness.
· Must be able to work the following schedule (NO EXCEPTIONS):
Saturday: 2PM – 11PM & Sunday: 2PM – 12AM
· Must be willing to travel to the Upper West Side.
· Positive, energetic, dynamic and engaging personality.
· Flexibility, as demonstrated by interchangeability with other staff in the House, staying late or arriving early, if necessary.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Team approach.
· Bilingual a plus.
Hourly Rate: $13.00
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, you must view website at www.fountainhouse.org. If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail to FHresidence@yahoo.com, or fax to 646‑395‑7391. NO PHONE CALLS. EEO