1536 U Street Northwest
District of Columbia
About CCC + CCCAction:
The Center for Community Change (CCC) builds the power and capacity of low-income people, especially low-income people of color, to lead powerful and dynamic movements for social change. With our community-based partner groups, we bridge the grassroots and the national, supporting outsider strategies to disrupt the status quo while also building pathways to influence the insider conversation.
Our vision of a better world centers the leadership of impacted people of color to move our work on immigrant rights, economic justice, and racial equity, including a focus on jobs and housing, early childhood care and education, income supports, and immigration reform.
This position also supports the Center for Community Change Action (CCCA), an affiliated 501(c)(4) advocacy organization. While motivated by the same core values – equity, inclusion, and justice – CCC and CCCA operate independently of one another and each organization has its own board of directors.
The Center for Community Change is seeking an experienced and detail oriented Electoral Data Manager to be part of our multiple campaigns. The Data Manager will be responsible for day-to-day management of data and analytics for electoral and organizing programs in coordination with staff in multiple states. Specifically, this role will own maintenance of targets across channels of program (including field, digital and mail), manage reporting on joint program, ensure data pipelines enhance collaboration and accountability, and partner with program staff to develop and measure against quantitative program goals. The role will work in consultation with the organizational data teams and is managed by the National Political Director. The position requires strong data management and communication skills. A successful candidate will not only understand the structure and management of data but should also be someone highly committed to training and developing staff inside and outside our organization.
- Targeting and Data
- Develop and maintain individual voter targeting and assist with paid media targeting for all partner organizations.
- Work with field leadership to break overall regional goals down into smaller goals, develop timelines and work plans, and produce reports to tell the story of our team’s progress
- Work with program vendors to effectively import and integrate their data into our data systems.
- Develop relationships with voter file, data, and technology vendors
- Supervise and monitor VAN usage to ensure data integrity and security
- Systems Integration and Standards
- Ensure complex data management systems across state-based partners run smoothly
- Establish data standards for creating and tracking program metrics in VAN and other data systems.
- Build, deploy, and maintain centralize data gathered in the course of partner granted program across three states, utilizing Civis Platform and other tools.
- Strategic Guidance and Daily Reporting
- Working with the National Political Director and national staff at each partner group, provide guidance and support to state staff to implement best practices in field data and support for targeting and outreach.
- Build and maintain reporting on voter contact and organizing, utilizing pipelines from partner organizations’ in-house data systems.
- Oversees dataflow and vendor relations necessary to providing for and improving upon reporting systems around online and offline organizing.
- Testing & Experiments
- Supporting the management of data implementation for testing programs.
- Develop and Manage the experiment designs as needed
- Analyze post-election results to determine program effectiveness
- Skill Development and Training
- Conduct trainings, as needed, with national partner groups and staff
- Support partners and CCCA staff with all VAN tools
- Troubleshoot day-to-day VAN issues for CCCA field staff and partners
- Represent CCCA with political players, community leaders, allied organizations and coalitions.
- At least three cycles of experience in holding primary management of and responsibility for statewide or national-regional candidate or issue campaign data & analytics.
- Proficiency in administering VAN across multiple states.
- Proficiency in managing campaign data using SQL, Access, Excel and Google Docs.
- At least one cycle of experience in automating data pipelines.
- At least one cycle of experience using Civis Platform is preferred.
- At least one cycle of experience in managing campaign data in a partner- or client-facing environment is strongly preferred.
- High attention to detail and strong organization ability
- Proven experience providing end-user support and customer service
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility to learn new skills and adapt to changing technology
- Excellent leadership and project management skills
- Cooperative spirit and commitment to good team work across multiple organizations
- Spirit of yes!
This person reports to: National Political Director
The Center for Community Change recognizes a staff bargaining unit affiliated with IFPTE Local 70, a union for non-profit workers. This position is included in the CCC bargaining unit and covered under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
Salary and benefits: CCC offers competitive salaries. CCC also offers an excellent benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of annual paid vacation; additional paid holiday leave between December 24 and January 1; 8% employer contribution to retirement account after six months of employment (and 3% employer contribution for the first 6 months); and a choice of generous health insurance plans.
This position is located in Washington, DC.
The expected end date for this position is June 28, 2019.
Closing Date of Position: Open Until Filled
How to apply: Please click here to submit a cover letter sharing your personal interest as well as salary expectations, a resume, and a writing sample. Applications without all required documents will not be considered.
The Center for Community Change is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minimum Education Required