Details: Based on experience
26 Bleecker Street
Planned Parenthood of New York City is seeking a Senior Director of Community Engagement. The Senior Director of Community Engagement is a member of our Education and Training team is based at our Administrative office at 26 Bleecker Street, New York, New York 10012.
It is an exciting and important time to work at Planned Parenthood of New York City. We are building on our strength with dynamic new leadership, talented staff members, engaged donors and activists, and amazing community partners. We are determined to thrive and grow in these times of transition and resistance.
Working at PPNYC is more than a job. It is an opportunity to help ensure that all New Yorkers have access to affordable, high-quality sexual and reproductive health care and evidence-based education programing so they can lead healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. We approach our work through a reproductive justice lens, seeking to break down the barriers, whether through our services, education or advocacy efforts, which prevent individuals from accessing the health care and information they need and deserve.
At PPNYC, we provide the absolute best care to our patients and our communities through innovative health care delivery and education programming. We care for everyone who walks through our doors regardless of insurance, ability to pay or immigration status. As a leading voice for reproductive freedom, PPNYC fiercely advocates for policies to ensure that all New Yorkers will have access to the full range of reproductive health care services and information.
PPNYC knows that our greatest asset is our people. We offer competitive compensation and robust benefits package to eligible employees. Our benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan including an employer contribution, and generous paid time off.
What the Senior Director of Community Engagement does:
- Oversee Education and Training Department’s Community Health Promotion Programs (Adult Role Models, Sexuality Education for Adults and Promotores de Salud) and community engagement initiatives
- Operationalizing the organization’s community engagement strategy with an equity approach by developing grassroots collaborations partnerships, and new program initiatives to support community SRH access, wellbeing and leadership
- Serve on the Education & Training Department’s management team and will collaborate with various PPNYC departments including Research and Evaluation, Clinical Services, Project Street Beat and External Affairs to advance the work of the department and the mission of PPNYC
We’re seeking candidates who have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, Master’s Degree in a related field preferred
- 5 - 7 years of related and/or applicable experience
- Knowledge of parent-child communication research, and experience in the field of adolescent sexuality and parental involvement programs preferred
- Must exhibit strong interpersonal abilities, and verbal and written communication skills
- Bi-lingual preferred
We offer an excellent, comprehensive benefits package
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Are you interested in bringing your passion, commitment and expertise to Planned Parenthood of New York City? Please follow this link to submit your resume and cover letter. No phone calls; PPNYC will contact select applicants to conduct an initial phone screening.
Planned Parenthood of New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.