Jewish Family Services of Greater Hartford (JFS) is seeking candidates for an open Clinical Social Worker position. If you are a clinician looking for a dynamic, supportive, team-based nonprofit work environment, we hope you will apply. For consideration, please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Jewish Family Services of Greater Hartford
Jewish Family Services of Greater Hartford (JFS) was founded over 100 years ago, in 1912, when thirty charitable organizations came together as United Jewish Charities with the mission of providing financial assistance to those in need. In 1968, the agency became Jewish Family Service and subsequently Jewish Family Services of Greater Hartford. A 501c(3) nonprofit corporation, JFS employs approximately 35 staff and 75 caregivers and is overseen by a Board of Trustees, currently comprised of thirty-four civic and community leaders.
Jewish Family Services enhances and strengthens quality of life through the Jewish tradition of caring and compassion.
Current program offerings are organized into three program areas:
• Counseling – Counseling and support to help children and adults of all ages and diverse needs achieve stable and emotionally healthy lives provided by expert therapists with excellent listening, communication, and clinical skills.
• Education – Empower individuals through education by offering insight and information related to job searches, parenting skills, financial decision-making, plus a mental health education and awareness event which attracts 600 attendees annually.
• Community Support – Knowing that transitions can be difficult, when neighbors need help, JFS answers with food assistance, clothing, transition to employment, and support for the unique needs of Holocaust survivors.
• JFS Care at Home – JFS Care at Home offers a variety of home care options in an individualized care plan based on an expert consultation.
Position Title: Clinical Social Worker
Position Type: Full-time (35 hours/week)
Reports to: Director of Clinical Services
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled
Term: Permanent, Full Time
Start Date: Immediate
Under supervision of the Director of Clinical Services or Director of Child Services, the Clinical Social Worker provides services to individuals, couples and families coming to the agency and other related tasks as assigned by the Supervisor.
This employee brings to the job a background of theoretical knowledge and a basic understanding of the dynamics of family relationships and the fulfillment of basic human needs and drives; personality development; behavior, its motivations and its purposefulness toward conscious or unconscious objectives; also knowledge and understanding, and skills in the use of the professional social work relationship as based upon which helpful service is offered and constructively utilized. This employee also brings to the job a thorough understanding of community resources and/or a willingness to develop these.
Essential Functions of the Position Include
• Organize the workload assigned to them
• Understand the needs and develops basic skills in interviewing
• Develop rapport with the families and their relationship with the agency
• Diagnose common recurring problems of families, adults, individuals and children and provides direct counseling service to effectively deal with the problems
• Give interest, energy and time to the extension and integration of professional knowledge and understanding and the continuing development of skills in casework diagnosis and treatment in practice under supervision
• Exercise increasing judgment and skill in the recognition of early symptoms
• Use supervision for the understanding of symptomatic behavior, its meaning and for providing timely, adequate, appropriate services to clients.
• Work cooperatively with other persons and agencies in the community and in the agency, providing case management and advocacy. Uses the specialized professional resources maintained by community to provide the best possible assistance to clients.
• Complete all client related insurance and documentation including treatment plans, OTR's, discharge summaries, and aftercare plans in a timely manner
• Establish and maintain contact with primary referral sources to the agency and maintains a current knowledge to access area referral sources
• Research requests made of the agency regarding service to particular client populations, geographic areas, suggestions for new areas of service and such other requests as may be made of the agency
• Represent the agency, upon request of the Supervisor and/or Clinical Director on various community human services committees and task forces
Respond to intake calls and completes phone intake
• Provide assistance to intake callers and refers requests for services to the Clinical Director
• Provide crisis intervention to include responding to emergency calls following established protocols and policies (under supervision of the Director of Clinical Services)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge and behaviors that reflect understanding and support of the agency-wide values of accomplishment, affiliation, caring and commitment to quality set forth in the mission and expectations of Jewish Family Services
• Knowledge of Evidence Based Practices, and other relevant bodies of knowledge pertaining to treatment within outpatient mental health services
• Knowledge of established agency and clinical policies and procedures, and all regulatory requirement guidelines
• Knowledge of social and economic problems facing the community, neighborhood and families
• Ability to provide behavioral health services to individuals with developmental disabilities, including social inclusion and family support
• Ability to conduct comprehensive assessments and utilize criteria for determining a higher level of care.
• Ability to adhere to all clinical documentation guidelines
• Ability to recognize the presence of co-occurring mental health, health, and substance conditions as well as integrated services available to meet these needs
• Ability to actively participate in the staff development program of the agency and to develop professionally.
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize client assessment responsibilities to ensure adequate, timely service delivery
• Ability to respond to client emergencies and provide crisis intervention
• Ability to participate in Performance Quality Improvement, Risk Management, Safety Management and Behavior Management activities in accordance with operating plans and procedures
• Demonstrates strong computer skills in MS Office Programs, especially Word; and web-based applications including the use of a proprietary web-based applications such as an electronic health record
Employee will be sensitive and responsive to the ethnic, racial, cultural, socio-economic, religious, and national diversity in organization's service population and among its employees.
Jewish Family Services of Greater Hartford (JFS) is seeking candidates for an open Clinical Social Worker position. If you are a clinician looking for a dynamic, supportive, team-based nonprofit work environment, we hope you will apply. For…
If you are a clinician looking for a dynamic, supportive, team-based nonprofit work environment, we hope you will apply. For consideration, please send a cover letter and resume to CEO, Katie Hanley at email@example.com
If you are a clinician looking for a dynamic, supportive, team-based nonprofit work environment, we hope you will apply. For consideration, please send a cover letter and resume to…