43-31 39th Street
Sunnyside Community Services, an innovative community-based, social service organization in Queens (10 minutes by subway from Grand Central), is seeking a Deputy Director of High School Programming to join our Youth and Family Services leadership team and oversee our Youth Futures High School programming at Queens Technical High School and other High School program initiatives.
The overall responsibility is to supervise a team of program professionals that are responsible for serving over 400 youth annually. Programming include Afterschool Enrichment, Career Readiness, College Readiness and Community Schools programming. The Deputy Director of High School Programming will be part of a Youth and Family Services department that offers engaging, youth centered programming to children, youth and families throughout Queens. Our youth development continuum spans Pre-K to College, and services are offered to over 2,000 youth across seven campuses.
We are looking for someone with a strong youth development and program management background that will support the programmatic and administrative goals. The ideal candidate is a leader and manager well versed in the principles of youth development and the needs of high school students. She/he will be looked to for leadership around the development of programs, curriculum and staff.
· Supervising the program team.
· Ensure delivery on program plans and evaluation.
· Monitor and ensure that outcomes are met. Making sure that data is being reviewed and tracked on the Salesforce database system.
· Work with program directors to develop and adapt programming to meet needs and reach outcomes.
- Be ready to do hands on work with youth. The Deputy Director must be able to step in to offer direct engagement/counseling with youth in addition to overall program supervision.
- Work with school leadership and faculty to ensure a strong partnership between school and programs.
- Monitor budgeting and expenses.
- Other management responsibilities as needed.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field. Masters preferred.
· Minimum five years of experience working in social services or educational organization or equivalent. Substantive experience with youth programs and supervising teams.
· Considerable knowledge of the youth development field, program development, and supervising school based programming. Demonstrated experience within the areas of job readiness, college readiness, academic and social supports. Social work and counseling experience a plus.
· Ability to organize, manage and evaluate multiple activities and services.
- Ability to track and report on data is essential.
- Capable of optimizing time and efficiently working with teams.
- Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
Salary: $60,000-$65,000 annually
Excellent Benefits Package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply: Send cover letter and resume to SSukhraj@scsny.org, Attn: Sheena Sukhraj, Assistant Executive Director, Youth and Family Services. Indicate “Deputy Director, High School Programming” in the subject line
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer