36 South Wabash Avenue
City Year Chicago is seeking a talented individual to join our internal Evaluation and Impact Analytics team as a Coordinator, reporting to the Director of Impact Analytics. The Impact Analytics team, together with the Learning & Development team and Student Success Coaching team, provide support services to members of the City Year Chicago staff team and all AmeriCorps members. For more information on City Year Chicago please visit: http://www.cityyear.org/chicago
The Impact Analytics Coordinator will work closely with members of the Impact Analytics and Service team to:
* Develop evaluation data systems and tools to capture outputs and outcome data
* Manage data collection processes with teams and provide training and technical assistance
* Manage Impact Analytics Coordinator meetings and responsibilities
* Analyze data and create reports at different levels of aggregation
* Provide individualized supports as needed to teams regarding data usage and fluency.
• Respond to data requests from staff across the site and support with external evaluator work.
• Participate in data collection for evaluation studies (e.g. assist with focus groups, design survey questions).
• Train AmeriCorps and Senior AmeriCorps members in data practices and provide ongoing support and coaching on impact outputs, data entry, and data usage.
• Lead calls, meetings, and additional trainings with AmeriCorps and Senior AmeriCorps members throughout the year to support evaluation activities and continuous quality improvement for organizational learning.
• Manage and support Impact staff and all AmeriCorps members through online survey distribution, administration, and collection.
• Analyze results from multiple evaluation instruments to meet site and City Year Headquarters (CYHQ) reporting needs (e.g. reports for funders, AmeriCorps grants and reports).
• Support in the collection of data and/or service related stories of impact for the 25th Anniversary campaign.
• Support the Learning and Development team with the design and implementation of an L&D evaluation model to evaluate the effectiveness of AmeriCorps trainings.
• Support the AmeriCorps Operations Team with logistics of training days to meet AmeriCorps Member needs.
• Work with other departments to develop new system/s and policies to improve data collection, integrity, and dissemination of work.
• Communicate regularly with supervisor to problem solve and prioritize projects and tasks.
- Bachelor's degree or related experience
- Basic knowledge of K-12 data systems
- Comfortable with MS Office suite of software products, e.g. Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- Advanced knowledge of Excel preferred. Minimum requirement: intermediate knowledge of Excel and willingness to learn new systems.
- Experience with statistical analysis software or programming language preferred. (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, minitab, SAS, etc.)
- Effective communication and organizational skills; must demonstrate attention to detail.
- Comfort with (and an interest in) collaborating and presenting information to internal and external audiences.
- Experience managing multiple projects or tasks with competing deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Belief in youth as agents of social change.
- City Year/AmeriCorps/Peace Corps experience is a plus
- Strong connection to City Year culture and values, for more information visit: https://www.cityyear.org/about-us/culture-values
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
A cover letter and resume must be submitted to be considered for this position. Preferred resume formats will depict not only a candidate’s responsibilities and job functions in previous work, but will include specific, quantitative results where applicable. Additional quantitative context around specific budget sizes, team sizes, or other work environment information will help City Year compare the scale of your work environment with our operations.