Environmental Science Educator
- Job posted by "e" inc. - The Environmental Learning and Action Center
114 16th Street
"e" inc., the environment science learning and action center based in Boston, is looking for full-time Environment Science Educators.
"e" inc. is currently seeking environmental educators skilled in working in urban settings for our environmental science and sustainability programs with children in schools, after schools, and community centers in Boston, Cambridge and Somerville. "e" inc. is a non-profit that educates and supports children and adults to be lifetime protectors of their planet. We accomplish this by teaching robust science regarding natural resource systems and by helping individuals, groups, and classes get action education and activities that translate into actions that foster sustainability locally and globally. A key goal for “e” inc. is also closing the city science achievement gap through a strong focus on urban learners.
Educators will receive training, supervision and support, and are given many opportunities to grow their nonprofit administrative skills and take on leadership roles.
-Learning, and then teaching, several different project-based, hands-on natural science curricula at different sites.
- Teaching environmental science lessons at community centers
- Hosting field trip groups on the waterfront or in forest parks
- Helping to lead “e” inc.’s 2-week summer science day camp
- Teaching sustainability and environmental science enrichment programs in schools
- Developing/supporting student-led action projects in schools
- Leading after school science lessons at schools and community centers
-Position is full time, approximately 35-40 hours per week
PLEASE APPLY IF:
- You have experience teaching in classrooms or other structured settings and feel confident working with youth and managing classroom behavior.
- You are mature and focused, able to work with and negotiate a role within larger urban institutions (schools, after schools, and community centers)
- You are comfortable working independently with lesson plans that are provided to you.
- You are excited by and conversant with the sciences and love the challenges of working with elementary and middle school children and youth.
- You have a passion for the environment and enjoy helping young people getting access to great experiences.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please email email@example.com. Include a cover letter, your resume and 3 references.