The Marketing & Communications Manager facilitates all aspects of America’s Automotive Trust (the Trust), and its member organizations’ marketing and communications which includes planning, creative development, graphic design, and collaborating with strategic agencies to ensure consistent positioning, visual imagery, and tone of voice across all communications. The position works directly with the CEO and supports all departments of the Trust and its member organizations including LeMay – America’s Car Museum, RPM Foundation and America on Wheels Museum in achieving consistent, effective digital and print communications within established budget parameters. In addition, the position provides oversight of the development, production, facilitation, execution and outcomes of all major events and public relation engagements.
Major areas of oversight and responsibility include but are not limited to: Brand strategy, graphic design and collateral creation; advertising coordination; publication coordination including functioning as copywriter; public relations coordination; providing interdepartmental marketing and communications support, overseeing event coordination, photography and data file management; statistical analysis and report creation; and oversight of all digital communication and exhibitory integration.
This position requires the ability to utilize discretion to make decisions in support of the organization’s objectives and departmental goals and the ability to work independently under minimal supervision and general instructions to fulfill the responsibilities described herein.
Under the general direction of the CEO, the Marketing & Communications Manager will:
The incumbent for this position must be at least 21 years of age and possess: A valid Driver License; A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Marketing or a related Communications discipline (Other degrees may be considered based upon relevance); A minimum of two years’ experience in advertising, public relations, project management, or graphic design, and supervising staff members. An understanding and ability to navigate the creative process associated in developing marketing materials on multiple platforms; A proficiency in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and InDesign; A specialized knowledge of public relation writing styles;
4. Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media;
5. Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems;
6. Solid critical thinking skills, including the skill to utilize logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, and approaches to public relations and marketing problems;
8. An ability to effectively multi-task and coordinate between different projects and/or organizations and agencies while remaining organized and solution focused;
9. The skills and ability to foster effective working relationships with sponsors, members, volunteers, employees, departments, collateral contacts, and external agencies;
11. The ability and commitment to remain sensitive and responsive to the diverse needs and cultural differences within the organizations employment, guest, and client population;
12. The ability to lift up to 30 lbs. as needed, stand and sit for extended periods of time, bend stoop, and twist regularly, manipulate items with fingers frequently, operate a computer regularly, visually inspect displays/monitors, read and interpret manuals and instructions, and effectively communicate verbally, and in written format, with guests, employees, and management regularly;
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
The Marketing & Communications Manager facilitates all aspects of America’s Automotive Trust (the Trust), and its member organizations’ marketing and communications which includes planning, creative development…
Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life, Voluntary Life, 403(b) Retirement plan with match, 80 hours sick leave, 80 hours vacation which increases by 8 hours on each anniversary, 8 paid holidays per calendar year, staff discounts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life, Voluntary Life, 403(b) Retirement plan with match, 80 hours sick leave, 80 hours vacation which increases by 8 hours on each anniversary, 8 paid…