253 Martin Luther King Drive
Bilingual - English/Spanish
AA degree or better
Previouse relevant experience
Clean background check
Clean DMV driving abstract
The assigned driver/monitor is responsible for supervising visits and providing a safe, secure environment, physically and emotionally, for children in alternate care by supervising visits with their biological parent(s) at the Urban League of Hudson County Headquarters or another agreed-upon site. The schedules are flexible and determined by the hours needed to work 35 to 40 hours according to the needs of the assignment.
Supervised visitation operates Sunday thru Saturday 8:30am thru 8:30pm.
- Supervise visits of non-custodial parents with their child(ren). This includes monitoring and if necessary, intervening with the parent or child whom demonstrates inappropriate physical or verbal behaviors.
- Report immediately any problems or concerns regarding a specific client or visitation request to supervisor.
- Work with the Division of Child Protection and Permanency, DCP&P caseworker and any other collaborating agency as a team member to best meet the needs of the child(ren).
- Treat clients with respect and dignity.
- Perform only those supervised visitations requests authorized by DCP&P at the request of supervisor to fulfill the case plan for that individual/family.
- Be prompt in keeping appointments and adhering to agreed upon schedules.
- Abide by the Urban League’s Rules of Confidentiality and Ethical Conduct.
- Respect the Urban League’s rules regarding visitation procedures.
- Record gas receipts and mileage on travel log, and enter supervised visitation reports in NJ Spirit. The day’s visits are cancelled or the driver is scheduled in the office documentation is of your weekly visits are required including Saturday afternoons.
- All expense receipts must be legible and the original receipt with date and amount spent. Travel logs must include mileage when submitted with corresponding original gas and food receipts.
- Reports are typed as a narrative describing the 4 W’s (Who, What, When, and Where) concerning observation. All reports are typed and submitted weekly; data is transfer into NJ Spirit by the end of every week, and a hard copy of the report given to the FSC clerk.
- Documents containing mileage, gas, and food receipts submitted weekly.
- Report all incidents to supervisor immediately, document in detail using the Incident Form attached to the observation sheets.
- Drivers are responsible for all regular vehicle maintenance i.e. the cleaning of vans inside and out, van inspections, and reporting all mechanical issues immediately. Ensure the vehicle has a current registration and insurance card up-to-date in the vehicle.
- Smoking not permitted in vehicles or in the Urban League building.
- Cell phones usage not permitted during supervision, unless there is a need to contact supervisor.
- Agency provides vehicles with an e-z pass for transporting when needed.
- When visitation is over, drivers are to park vans in the Urban League’s parking lot until next schedule visit.
- Driver receives petty cash allowance for gas to transport children and (parents) when required, purchase lunch/snacks for children when needed.
- Drivers are responsible for transportation violations received while on assignment i.e. illegally parked vehicle, street cleaning, and running a stop light. Parking vehicles in a safe and secure spot is the responsibility of the driver.
- Visits cancelled by the foster parent or biological parent, driver must immediately call supervisor, then contact DCPP case manager and make sure to document reason the visit cancelled. Worker must return to the office to receive another assignment or complete previous visitation reports.
- When drivers arrive to the visit site, and parents are late, it is required to wait half the time allocated for supervision. If the visit is 1 hour, wait 30 minutes, in a 2-hour visit wait 1 hour etc. When picking up children in different locations for visitation and parent(s) fail to show-up a sibling visit will occur for half of the time allotted.
- Employee will perform other related duties as required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send Resume and cover to email@example.com and to firstname.lastname@example.org