About the Evanston Community Foundation
Our Mission: Helping Evanston thrive as a vibrant, inclusive and equitable community, the Evanston Community Foundation builds, connects, and distributes resources and knowledge through local organizations for the common good.
Community foundations represent a growing segment of philanthropy and play a key role in place-based philanthropy, identifying the needs of their communities and galvanizing resources to address those needs. The Evanston Community Foundation (ECF) exercises a community leadership role and provides for the common good of our residents by building the organizational capacity of Evanston’s nonprofit sector via grants, technical assistance, and collaborations that meet shared goals. Please refer to our website for details of the Foundation’s role in providing more than $4.6 million in Covid relief and recovery grants since March 2020 and to learn more about our primary program areas.
The Administrative Associate (AA) role is an exciting opportunity for a highly organized, detail-oriented multitasker to contribute to the seamless functioning of the Evanston Community Foundation. The AA is a critical member of the ECF team, and is the gate-keeper for the President & CEO, the primary point of contact for the Board of Directors, and a key support to the Philanthropy & Communications team. The Administrative Associate will be responsible for a wide range of projects in support of the Foundation’s mission. We are seeking candidates who can work independently and effectively and who are flexible, resourceful, and attentive to detail. This role includes administrative, analytical, research, and database management duties.
As the Administrative Associate, you will
· Provide administrative support to the President & CEO, which includes scheduling and preparing the President & CEO for critical internal and external meetings
· Serve as the primary point of contact for the Board of Directors
· Take minutes at ECF board meetings, and at the committee meetings staffed by the CEO and senior staff (includes Executive Committee, Governance Committee)
· Ensure that materials on the ECF Board Portal are up-to-date and well organized
· Collect resources and information to create materials for board meetings; coordinate staff meetings
· Assist with updates to the website, social media channels, and internal databases
· Support staff on a wide range of projects, events, and administrative needs
Our Ideal Candidate Will Possess
· A Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years administrative experience, or a comparable combination of education and experience
· Strong organization and time-management skills - ability to meet deadlines while handling multiple projects and tasks
· The ability to work in a dynamic environment, take initiative, and devise creative solutions to any problem in your path
· Strong critical thinking skills and intellectual curiosity
· Strong customer service orientation and solid interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
· Good judgement and discretion, especially when handling confidential information
· Experience working with office software, such as: MS Office (Word, Outlook, and Excel specifically), cloud-based database systems and/or relational databases, and communication tools (SLACK, Canva, Survey Monkey, Mail Chimp)
· Experience working or volunteering with diverse communities and/or nonprofit or philanthropic organizations, with a demonstrated commitment to ongoing anti-racist and/or Diversity, Equity and Inclusion learning
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, benefits, and a professional benefit plan commensurate with experience and in alignment with national and regional standards. Salary range: $40,000 - $45,000.
Our Search Process
One of ECF’s core principles is our focus on equity. We believe in inclusion and the richness of ideas and perspectives and actively invite a diversity of candidates. We also believe it is vitally important to provide a safe working environment for our employees, volunteers, and visitors to reduce the risk of exposure to, or spreading of the COVID-19 virus. It is a requirement of employment that every staff member will receive all recommended doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, according to schedules published from time to time by the Centers for Disease Controls and Prevention (CDC), except if a reasonable accommodation has been granted based upon disability or religion.
If you would like to be considered for our Administrative Associate opportunity, please send a resume and a cover letter describing your interest in the position and the relevance of your experience and education, to email@example.com. Indicate in the subject line: YOUR NAME –Administrative Associate. For best consideration, materials should be submitted by November 29, 2021.
About the Evanston Community Foundation
Our Mission: Helping Evanston thrive as a vibrant, inclusive and equitable community, the Evanston Community Foundation builds, connects, and distributes resources and knowledge through local…