District of Columbia
Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) seeks a passionate and creative applicant with a mix of policy experience that could include work in a legislative, nonprofit or other context to fill a newly created Policy Associate position.
CREW is dedicated to rooting out government corruption and fighting the influence of money in politics. We need someone who’s quick on their feet, detail-oriented, and cares deeply about having an ethical, accountable government.
As CREW takes legal action to hold the current administration, members of Congress, and others accountable for conflicts of interest, ethics abuses, and violations of law, you will use CREW’s expertise and unique voice to develop and advocate for policy change to prevent the erosion of norms and institutions critical to American democracy.
- Collaborate with CREW’s policy director and other CREW staff to set policy priorities;
- Collaborate with CREW’s legal, research and communications teams to develop and execute advocacy strategies, including through coalition work and lobbying;
- Leverage CREW’s litigation and legal complaints, including on issues such as emoluments, campaign finance law and ethics violations at the highest levels, for positive policy change.
A great candidate has:
- 4-8 years of relevant experience; work on Capitol Hill or at a nonprofit with a policy portfolio preferred;
- Experience and/or significant interest in policy development and advocacy at the federal, state or local level;
- Interest and/or experience in anti-corruption issues, including government ethics and money in politics issues;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks;
- The ability to work collaboratively;
- The initiative to identify needs, take charge of tasks, and get things done in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include your last name and “Policy Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. We are only able to respond to candidates we are contacting for an interview. CREW is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in our workplace and in our work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. We strongly encourage candidates from all groups and communities to apply.