Details: Plus excellent benefits package
60 Temple Place, 5th Floor
Position Summary: BCIL is looking for a self-motivated Data Entry Specialist who will be responsible for entering information from a handwritten paper record into a customized database. Coordinate work with other relevant staff to ensure accuracy and timeliness of Personal Care Attendant (PCA) program information. Reports to the PCA Program Manager’s Assistant.
· Enter all data entry documentation into a customized database
· Maintain integrity of the data entry management system
· Enter data from a PCA program evaluation and re-evaluation, ensuring accuracy and adhering to scheduled timelines
· Maintain integrity of database by developing and utilizing standard procedures and documentation
· Adhere to confidentiality regulations, most especially HIPPA
· Routinely update system database to reflect changes to files
· Other related duties as may be assigned which may include but not limited to filing, other data entry projects, photocopying, and verifying information directly with BCIL’s PCA consumers
· Accurate typing skills, 55 wpm or better
· Ability to proofread your own work for accuracy
· Very good computer skills and knowledge of relevant software packages
· Detail oriented and strict adherence to deadlines
· Ability to work from handwritten forms
· Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skill
· Sensitivity to the needs of persons with disabilities
· Commitment to independent living philosophy
· Strong oral and written communication skills, bilingual a plus
· Excellent ability to manage time effectively.
· Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
A skill test will be required.
Hours: 40 hours
BCIL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation is provided as needed for employees and other affiliates. Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE) checks are part of BCIL's standard procedure.
People with disabilities encouraged to apply.
2 weeks paid vacation (increases with length of service)
2 personal days
12 sick days
Health, dental, (75% paid by agency). Short-term disability, long-term disability, group life insurance 100%
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-Lingual a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send, fax or e-mail cover letter and resume to:
Boston Center for Independent Living, Inc.
60 Temple Place, Suite 550
Boston, MA 02116-6264
617 338-6661 (fax)