The Lead Perinatal Care Coordination Specialist supervises the Patient Navigator and is accountable directly to the Prenatal Services Program Manager. Ensures access to supportive and educational services for prenatal and postnatal patients with an emphasis on increasing understanding of maternal and child health needs, and coordinating social services and parenting resources and develops and tracks progress on individual care plans developed with patients to achieve their self-identified health goals. This is a full-time position.
Highlighted Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a case load of 130- 160 participants, providing care coordination services to ensure access to perinatal health and early child health services.
- Conducts thorough assessment on all prenatal/postpartum patients utilizing OB Authorization form, Healthy Screening tools (HITS, 4P’s, PHQ-9, Edinburgh). Follows up and refers patient appropriately based on risk.
- Attempts to complete in person or telephonic monthly follow up on 100% of patients. Follow up includes an assessment of current social needs, documentation of recent health care interactions and status update on individualized care plans.
- Recruits program participants from the Conway Health and Resource Center and Family Health and Birth Center with focus on Wards 5, 7, and 8.
- Participates and conducts quality management and evaluation activities as requested
- Monitors program activities of DC Health 17P grant.
- Meets with supervisee regularly and provides ongoing feedback and support, including opportunities for professional development.
- Completes and locks all progress notes within 3 business days after patient visit.
- Documents all patient encounters, including face to face, telephone, and electronic communications, in the medical record within 2-3 business days.
- B.A./B.S. in social work or education or equivalent experience required.
- Experience providing social services, care coordination or health care education required.
- Ability to travel between other COH locations and travel between COH sites required.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.