The Public Theater is seeking a Development Department Administrator who will report to the Director of Development and provide overall administrative and operational support to the organization's fast-paced development office.
· Oversee the Director and Deputy Director of Development’s calendars
· Schedule appointments, work with external and internal groups to coordinate meetings; arrange travel
· Support the Director of Development with workflow, email communications and phone calls as required on a daily basis
· Ensure the Director of Development is prepared for all meetings and special events as required
· Record and keep up-to-date donor information, meetings and follow-up in Tessitura
· Communicating with trustees and other donors and keeping correspondence confidential
· In collaboration with the Director of Development, setting agendas for Development Department Meetings, and Senior Team Meetings
· Writing minutes at staff meetings and identify next steps
· Manage donor and prospect lists
· Assist in responding to donors’ inquiries and requests
· As needed, conduct research and compile information on current or prospective donors
· Prepare mailing materials like invitations, solicitations and acknowledgment letters
· Provide support on administrative tasks for the capital campaign as needed
· Provide support with all matters related to the Board of Trustees including ticketing, and support for Board meetings and preparations as required
· Handles Board benefit fulfillment (ticketing, ticket donations, board assistant night)
· Prepares monthly report for Board Chair of gifts above $4K
· Responsible for keeping trustee dashboard up to date
· Tracks In-Kind giving/board networks (can answer the question “How much did MY people give?”)
· Assist with the planning and preparation for departmental workshops
· Organize, reserve conference rooms and order refreshments for internal and external meetings
· Order office supplies and track inventory on stationery and supplies for the development department
· In collaboration with the Director of Development, manage the department expense budget
· Work with HR and IT to onboard/offboard development staff and any hiring needs
· Prepare development department timesheets
· Work with Finance on AMEX reconciliation and invoice coding in Concur
· Serve as department administrator for Intranet
· Answer phones
· Assist with events as needed
· Perform other administrative duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have experience handling a wide range of executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. Must be exceedingly well organized and flexible. The ability to interact with staff at all levels, remaining proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are equally important. Must be simultaneously assertive and diplomatic, and able to work as part of a team. Knowledge of the industry a plus. Strongly prefer: 2+ years’ experience in executive level support, excellent calendar management skills, strong knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook. Knowledge of theater and the arts in NYC a plus.
This is a Non-Exempt position, according to the Fair Labor Standards Act. Position is available immediately.
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum Education Required