Details: Salary is commensurate with experience. Please provide salary requirements with your application.
About the Armory
Part American palace, part industrial shed, Park Avenue Armory supports unconventional works in the performing and visual arts that need non-traditional spaces for their full realization. Since its first production in 2007, a 9,216-square-foot action painting by Aaron Young created by 10 choreographed motorcyclists, the Armory has organized and presented innovative and immersive programs—from site-specific art installations, to opera, theater, and dance performances. With its period rooms by Louis Comfort Tiffany, Stanford White, and Herter Brothers and its soaring 55,000 sq. ft. Wade Thompson Drill Hall, the Armory breaks the mold of traditional presentation, enabling artists to create, students to explore, and wide audiences to experience epic and unexpected work that cannot be done elsewhere in New York.
Responsibilities and Objectives:
Reporting directly to the Director of Special Events, with oversight from the Manager of Special Events, the Senior Coordinator, Special Events supports the Special Event department with production and coordination of approximately 75 annual events, including the Annual Gala, the Snowflake Lounge, opening night benefits surrounding Armory Drill Hall productions, and the Armory Luncheon Series.
He/she will be responsible for the following.
- Oversee event run of shows, work requests, and event logistics for set of events in assigned portfolio that is divvied up out of the full suite of events.
- Oversee gift entry, event tracking, and database updates, using Tessitura, for fundraising events (e.g. Gala, benefits, Snowflake).
- Produce and mail acknowledgement letters.
- Work as part of the Special Events team to staff Armory events each season.
- Oversee volunteers and Youth Corp who are assisting Special Events staff.
- Maintain, organize, and order supplies to ensure the department has sufficient quantity of all event materials.
- Provide administrative and project support for the Special Events department, including processing and creating invoices, overseeing the department’s event budgets, and maintenance and distribution of the department calendar.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
Candidates should be prepared to work nights and weekends, as needed to fulfill event responsibilities. Minimum of 2-3 years of professional development experience, with previous event experience preferred. Candidate should be highly organized and detail oriented. An ability to communicate well with a range of individuals and handle multiple projects with competing deadlines is necessary. Computer fluency in (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) is required. Experience using Tessitura database preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter in a single Word or PDF document saved as candidate’s first and last name.
All submissions should be emailed to HRDEVELOPMENT@ARMORYONPARK.ORG with “SENIOR COORDINATOR, SPECIAL EVENTS" in the subject line. Only resumes and cover letters submitted in this format will be reviewed. No phone calls, please.
Park Avenue Armory is an Equal Opportunity Employer.