About the Role
The STARs Innovation Studio (Studio) accelerates innovation that unlocks STARs wage mobility through learn-by-doing projects that build collective workforce knowledge and action. The Case Manager, Online Certifications will support one of the Studio’s core projects, our Certificate Wraparound Services Project, a project that will enable certificate holders to translate their learning to earning through additional coaching, job search, and job placement support.
The Case Manager is responsible for supporting a cohort of 15 job seekers who have either recently completed or are in the progress of completing a certification with Coursera: the STAR Design Fellows. The goal is to help these job seekers to secure a middle-wage job linked directly to the skills they develop in their certification course, while also providing us with feedback around the pain points and opportunities for these job seekers to inform our product offerings, in partnership with global design firm IDEO.
The Case Manager will track each job seeker along their journey, conducting an assessment to identify job seeker needs and providing direct support while coordinating closely with relevant training providers such as Year Up and SkillUp Coalition to make referrals. The Case Manager will also work with corporate partners to identify relevant opportunities, make referrals, and provide support to secure the job placement.
The ideal candidate will have direct experience in managing and supporting a caseload of job seekers, identifying appropriate resources and tools, and working with both training providers and employers. The successful candidate will have experience in helping job seekers through resume optimization, coaching, interview preparation, networking, and job search management.
This is a remote contract role (6 months) that will report to the Entrepreneur in Residence and will require some in-person work eventually (post-Covid).
Assessment, Job Coaching, and Placement Support (40%)
- Manage a caseload of 15 job seekers, assessing each individual need to determine the best course of support
- Provide direct support for resume optimization, coaching, interview preparation, networking, and job search management
- Coordinate with O@W team, including Customer Success & Delivery, Sales, and Partnerships & Resource Mobilization to identify job opportunities and make candidate referrals
- Monitor job boards and work directly with employers to identify relevant job opportunities, make referrals, and support the application and onboarding process to ensure successful placement and retention
Partner Referrals, and Tracking (35%)
- Complement direct support through training provider referrals, working with an existing network of training provider partners to identify the right combination of resources and support to enable job seekers to succeed in obtaining middle-wage employment linked to their certification program
- Track job seekers beyond the referral, ensuring proper follow-up and delivery of quality service and providing feedback on the quality of support from partner referrals
Feedback and Insights for Prototyping (25%)
- Participate in IDEO-led design sessions to inform the learning agenda for the Certificate Wraparound Services Project, identifying challenges and opportunities in providing wraparound support to job seekers with online certifications
- Provide feedback to develop insights around pain points, existing resources and services, and gaps; elevate the needs of the cohort members to inform prototype design
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- At least 1 year of experience in case management to support job seekers to effectively navigate their job search, secure employment, and thrive in their careers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively communicate with different audiences, including job seekers, training provider partners, and corporate/HR managers
- Demonstrated ability to track and manage a caseload of at least 15 job seekers at different stages of their job search; providing customized services to each job seeker while drawing on best practices for consistent and high-quality services
- Passion for Opportunity@Work’s mission
- Energetic, proactive self-starter and dedicated team player, highly capable of identifying and executing the necessary steps needed to drive towards individual and shared outcomes
- Solid interpersonal skills, allowing you to function within a team and to build relationships with job seekers and partners, including both nonprofit and corporate partners
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience as a certificate program participant is a plus
- Previous experience working in a remote environment
- Experience with Salesforce and Google suite preferred
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.