Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
159 Pioneer Street
Pioneer Works is a six year old non-profit multi-disciplinary cultural center located in Red Hook, Brooklyn. Our mission is to provide groundbreaking exhibitions and programs and support residencies for artists, scientists, musicians and technologists from around the world in order to make culture accessible to all. To that end, Pioneer Works produces nearly 200 programs and events a year, 85% which are free of charge.
This position reports directly to CFO and COO.
- Assist with the month end close
- Reconcile credit cards and operating accounts
- Oversees management of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, employee expense reports and accounts receivable
- Assist in compiling internal and external financial data requests
- Process payroll
- Compile departmental budget versus actual analyses on a monthly basis
- Prepare annual 1099s with supporting documents and file with IRS
- Assist the CFO and Controller with special projects
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university
- 1-2 years of experience in accounting
- Must have good excel skills (v-look-up,pivot tables, etc)
- Public accounting experience a plus, but not required
- Experience with Intacct, bill.com, Expensify required, familiarity with Stripe, Shopify and Square desired
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Minimum Education Required