12304 Santa Monica Blvd.
Account Manager – Cause Communications
Cause Communications is growing! We are seeking a full-time Account Manager to support our social impact client work.
Cause Communications is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to helping purpose-driven organizations use communications to create positive social change. We strengthen the impact of foundations, nonprofits, socially conscious businesses, and the public sector – having provided consulting, tools, and training to more than 20,000 organizations in more than 25 countries.
The Account Manager is a key implementer at Cause Communications. This individual works as part of a humming account services team, providing day-to-day account support and developing the award-winning strategic communications materials that Cause Communications has come to be known for over the past 40 years. This position reports to the Group Account Director and works closely with all members of the account team.
Strategic Marketing and Communications
- Provide strategic ideas and input for the development of marketing and communications projects, campaigns, and plans for clients
- Develop and practice integrated communications skills on behalf of clients including public relations, branding, advertising, media buys, web/online and interactive development, event planning, collateral development, and more
- Present new opportunities/strategies to senior staff to further develop the work of clients and/or potential new business opportunities
- Manage the implementation of research work, development of media lists, etc.
- Write positioning papers/memos for clients, proposals, and copy for collateral materials
- Create and pitch media stories
- Outreach to potential community and business partners for strategic alliances with clients
- Work on multiple account teams, seeking opportunities to exceed client expectations and strengthen client relationships
- Interact with clients in presentations, meetings, and as backup support to account leads
- Work in partnership with the Project Manager to ensure assigned projects are on deadline
- Prepare monthly qualitative client progress reports
New Business Development
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of new business proposals and pitches
- Attend new business meetings when appropriate
- Maintain solid client relationships for the purpose of generating new business opportunities
- Participate in networking opportunities including trainings, speaking engagements, and development of white papers, etc.
Agency Marketing and Promotion
- Create newsletter, web, and other promotional content to present Cause Communications’ capabilities and showcase our award-winning offerings for current and prospective clients
- Create and implement social media strategy to promote the agency to external audiences
- Draft award submissions and seek out/fulfill other opportunities to recognize our client work
- Draft conference submissions to highlight our work among our peers and develop our leadership role in the communications space locally and nationally
Education and Experience
- Five or more years of experience in marketing communications, public relations, advertising, or related field
- Degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or related field preferred
- Agency experience strongly preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Impeccable communications skills, verbal and written
- Strong reading and writing skills, able to proofread and edit highly visible documents
- Solid knowledge of marketing communications, media relations, and creative services
- Comfortable speaking over the phone and in person, able to interact comfortably with a range of clients
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient with MS Word and Excel. Must be able to work on a Mac platform
- Knowledge of Wordpress and Keynote a plus
Women, people of color and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Cause Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cause Communications offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees, including company-sponsored health, dental, vision, long-term disability, life, and AD&D insurances, as well as paid holidays, vacation time, sick days, wellness reimbursements, and access to a 401K plan.
Minimum Education Required