1230 York Avenue
The Rockefeller University is the world’s leading biomedical research University. Our groundbreaking discoveries in basic and clinical research are transforming medicine. We share a singular commitment to advancing science for the benefit of humanity. Our collaborative culture drives each of us to achieve a higher level, fueling the breakthroughs for which we are known.
Executive Assistant Responsibilities
The Executive Assistant will serve as a key member of the Office of the President, drafting complex and sensitive correspondence, handling multifaceted office functions and tasks, and serving as a liaison to the President and members of the President’s Office.
- Work closely with the President to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities.
- Provide high-level and diverse administrative support directly to the President.
- Complete a broad variety of responsibilities for the President including arranging detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas.
- Oversee scheduling and management of the calendar, preparation of compilation of documents for meetings and the office correspondence log.
- In coordination with the Executive Vice President, develop briefings, itineraries and agendas, problem-solve, identify priorities to ensure critical issues are addressed promptly, and suggest and implement changes.
- Prepare annually and manage monthly financial budgets, spending, and expense reimbursements for the President’s Office.
- Work as a member of a small, results-driven office team, exercising good judgment and balancing multiple priorities as a group. Serve as back up to all members of the team to ensure the smooth functioning of the office.
Must have very strong interpersonal skills and be highly effective in establishing relationships with key constituents both within and outside the institution, and professionally represent the University President.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five to ten years of related and progressively responsible work experience required.
- Experience in an academic or higher education environment strongly preferred.
- Must have excellent discretion, judgment, tact, initiative, creativity, critical thinking and organizational skills, and self-motivation.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Ability to anticipate and assess situations accurately and recommend/implement effective courses of action required.
- Willingness and ability to juggle numerous projects simultaneously, and respond to changing priorities.
- Ability to work as part of a team to accomplish broader goals and objectives.
- Highest level of integrity, intellectual capability, professionalism, honesty and loyalty.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite (preferably Mac OS) applications and other electronic applications for organization and project management required.
Rockefeller University provides a robust, comprehensive benefits plan for all of our full-time and part-time employees. We strive to support our employees in their work and their life, offering great benefits, perks, and valuable resources for each employee and their family. We offer all of the comprehensive benefits you’d expect (medical/dental insurances, flexible spending accounts, retirement planning, commuting expense reimbursement) plus a whole lot more:
- on-site daycare/preschool
- fitness center (personal training, strength training classes, yoga, run clubs, state-of-the-art cardio and weight equipment)
- tennis and squash courts
- classical music concerts
- robust events program that attracts many of the world's foremost scientists, cultural innovators and thought leaders
- summer outdoor movie series
- food trucks and live music
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative work environment.
Please apply online and make sure to upload your resume and cover letter.
The Rockefeller University is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans