The Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy is seeking a highly motivated individual for a full-time position as Office and Finance Coordinator. This position will provide support across all Conservancy departments (including, but not limited to, Finance, Development and Programming), helping deliver engaging experiences on The Greenway. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic, award-winning organization and contribute to the betterment of a premier public space.
● Assure timely processing of accounts payable in an online system, including verifying and coding invoices, vendor setup, and ensuring payments are accurate and timely
● Assist with accounting data input and with accounts receivable preparation
● Provide assistance to staff on office resources and technology
● Manage the Greenway uniform program
● Serve as a point of contact to the general public, including front desk duties
● Keep office in good operating order through organizing files, ordering office supplies, tidying shared spaces, scanning paper files, managing shared-resource calendars, etc.
● Assist with scheduling and logistics for meetings and for senior executives’ calendars
● Prepare checks/bank deposits
● Assist in production of reports and collation of materials for public record requests
● Take minutes at Board/Committee meetings
● Act as “Floor Warden” for safety and fire drills
● Update eTapestry database with meeting notes, email contacts, and other correspondence between donors and Conservancy staff
● Assist in maintaining guest lists, gathering and preparing registration materials, and other duties as assigned in connection with fundraising events
● Assist with printing & mailing donor acknowledgement letters
● Assist in collection of required Board Documents
● Support department staff with select administrative duties
● Maintain park furniture inventory and season schedule
● Maintain “Lost & Found” for items recovered on The Greenway
● Maintain and track vendor/contractor Certificates of Insurance
● Manage calendar for shared vehicles
● Support seasonally defined portfolio of events (e.g., a concert series), from application to permitting to load-in/-out ● Track and monitor vehicle registrations and inspections and employee vehicle use agreements
● Assist as needed with “all hands on deck” matters (e.g., Greenway Gala, Earth Day volunteer event)
Skills and qualifications
● Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree prefered. Some accounting experience a plus.
● Demonstrated experience and skill in:
o managing multiple projects
o oral and written communications
o MS Office Suite/Google-for-Work
● Experience with databases a plus.
● Passionate about The Greenway’s mission.
● Ability to anticipate issues, develop solutions, and manage resolution. Friendly, with a customer-service mindset, collaborative, detail-oriented. Positive, high-energy, fun, calm under pressure.
● Ability to work outside in various types of weather, to kneel or stand for periods of time, and to lift up to 50 pounds. ● Valid driver’s license and ability to drive Conservancy vehicles in downtown Boston preferred.
Minimum Education Required