Details: $15 - $17 per hour
6310 NE 74th St.
EarthCorps is looking to bring on a Logistics Assistant to help keep our crews geared up and ready to serve this summer as they head out into the field to complete environmental restoration projects across the Puget Sound region. The Logistics Assistant will be providing behind-the-scenes support around tool, gear, and vehicle maintenance. This will include oversight of the gear room and the purchase of food for crews' camping trips. This position is supervised by the Logistics Manager at EarthCorps.
We are looking for candidates with a strong combination of the following characteristics:
- Demonstrated ability to work independently (self-motivated) and as a member of a team
- Ability to multitask and problem solve
- Ability to shop for food items in large grocery stores and online in a timely, efficient and effective manner
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record with an ability to operate full-size vehicles safely
- Understanding of healthy eating habits and basic nutrition concepts
- Knowledgeable about meat, vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, culturally sensitive, and food allergy menus
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work variable hours, Thurs/ Friday’s and some occasional Saturday or Sunday and for duration of temporary position (June – first week of Oct.) *this can be discussed during interview
- Positive attitude and sense of humor
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Purchase, package, and organize food, gear, and camping supplies for 3- to 10-day camping trips
- Ensure that all camping gear is in excellent working condition
- Assist crews with packing and unpacking for camping trips
- Assist in the maintenance and management of field infrastructure (tools, fleet, facilities, and equipment).
- Conduct effective and timely communication with supervisor, field staff and crew leaders.
- Prepare gear inventory lists, equipment use and maintenance logs, menu and ingredient lists.
- Track camp food and gear expenses and budgets
- Foster and encourage quality work and interaction among corps members
- Follow proper food handling procedures and keep food storage and food handling areas clean.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
This is a part-time, temporary position working 20-30 hours per week.
Duration of Position: July 1 - September 15, 2018
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume with contact information for at least two professional references by visiting the APPLY page on our website and navigating to this opportunity.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Position is open until filled.
EarthCorps is committed to building a culturally diverse organization and strongly encourages people of color and members of other underrepresented groups to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by law. EarthCorps is an equal opportunity employer.