Executive Assistant/Operations Coordinator
- Job posted by Coalition to Abolish Slavery & Trafficking (CAST)
If you are looking for an organization where your gifts, talents, skills and abilities contribute to a greater cause, join our team.
Our Mission: Ending modern slavery through education, advocacy and empowering survivors of human trafficking.
About Us: The Coalition to Abolish Slavery and Trafficking (CAST) is a Los Angeles based nonprofit organization that is ending modern slavery and human trafficking through comprehensive, life changing services to survivors and a platform to advocate for groundbreaking policies and legislation. Over the past two decades, CAST has supported thousands of survivors through every phase of their journey to freedom from counseling, to legal resources, to housing, educational and leadership training and mentorship. Through these programs, CAST has helped empower survivors to overcome their traumatic pasts and become leading voices in shaping policy and public awareness to ultimately put an end to the fastest growing criminal enterprise of the 21st century.
CAST offers generous benefits, including medical, life, disability, paid vacation time and personal time, and a 403(b) plan with employer contribution. Additionally, we provide you an opportunity to work with a team of committed individuals, where you are supported and given every chance to succeed.
Reports to: Director of Operations
Employment Type: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Los Angeles, CA / On-Site
Summary of the Position
Under the supervision of the Director of Operations, the Executive Assistant/Operations Coordinator will provide support for CAST's operations department and the CEO's office. The Executive Assistant/Operations Coordinator will be responsible for executive administrative support for the CEO and Board of Directors, human resources administration, facilities/office management, vendor management, supervision of the administrative staff, and organizational communications.
Core Competencies Required
Written and Verbal Communication Agility/Flexibility
Decision Making Diversity and Inclusion
Proactive Good Judgement
Interpersonal/Relationship Skills Customer Focus
Familiarity with Technology
Oversee the Human Resources Administration function to include:
- Maintaining employee files and HR system
- Benefit administration, including enrollment of new hires, termination, COBRA and open enrollment coordination
- Recruiting and hiring support including posting job positions, screening resumes, and scheduling interviews
- Coordinating the new hire orientation and onboarding process for all new employees
- Coordinating the payroll and timekeeping administration with the accounting department
- Initiating and maintaining employee status changes
- Coordinating the performance review program, including 90-day, mid-year and annual reviews
- Overseeing the administration of Leave of Absences
Oversee facility and office equipment/supplies to include:
- Maintaining all equipment in good working order
- Identifying and maintaining contractual agreements with vendors for office equipment, services, and software (copier, cell phone, computer, voicemail, fax- on demand, mail merge, scanners, telephone, etc.)
- Setting up all equipment for new hires prior to start date
- Working with I.T. consultants to ensure the functioning of CAST computer systems
- Maintaining a professional office atmosphere
- Acting as a liaison with landlord and building management
- Acting as liaison for safety of CAST office and operations
- Assisting in conducting research on price and quality comparison for necessary office supplies/equipment
Provide high-level assistance to the CEO to include:
- Coordinating a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO, including: managing and calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging travel plans
- Maintaining the CEO's calendar, scheduling internal and external meetings, noting events and appointments, and including all necessary information and materials
- Communicating directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board Members, Donors, Foundation Staff, and others, on matters related to CEO's programmatic initiatives
- Working closely and effectively with the CEO to proactively inform them of upcoming commitments and responsibilities
- Overseeing a variety of special projects for the CEO
- Assembling meeting materials, board packets, informational brochures
Administrative Coordination to include:
- Assisting with filing, maintaining records and SOP's for vendors and administrative functions
- Supervising the administrative staff and cover reception phones, as needed
- Ordering office supplies
- Receiving and shipping mail for staff
- Maintain contact database for mailings
- Coordinating events and meetings for staff and board
- Maintaining the content for the CAST Intranet and Extranet
- Providing support on fundraising mailings, special events, and informational packets as needed
Routine Duties & Responsibilities
- Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for supervising administrative staff. Responsible for hiring, performance planning and development, corrective action, work assignments, employee relation issues, and terminations.
Ability to work well with other employees, consultants, board members, donors and vendors.
This position requires a high level of decision-making ability.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- 3 - 5 years of executive administrative experience supporting a CEO or Executive.
- 2+ years of experience in human resources administration and compliance.
- 2+ years of experience in supervising administrative staff preferred.
- Experience working in a non-profit organization preferred.
- CA Driver's License and proof of current insurance.
- Advanced Microsoft Office user including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Advanced understanding of social media presence.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize projects and multi-task in a fast-paced working environment.
- Knowledge and experience working with multicultural communities and women's rights issues preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, honest communication, positive attitude and ability to carry a professional tone.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
BODY POSITIONS: Includes sitting, standing, walking, finger dexterity, reaching with hands and arms, and use of hands and arms to operate office equipment. Includes occasional climbing or balancing; and stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
BODY SENSES: Must have command of the senses of sight, hearing, speech, taste or smell, and touch. Must be able to see (20/20 vision with glasses) and hear (with mechanical assistance if necessary) sufficient to understand and comprehend individual one-on-one conversations. Vision requirements must be sufficient to shift in focus from computer screens to close forms.
This position will be working primarily indoors in a climate controlled office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Some local travel required. Some evening and weekends required.
Salary range is $55,000 - $65,000 depending on experience. Benefits package includes medical, life, disability, sick/vacation leave, and a 403(b) plan. Opportunity to work with a team of committed individuals, and make an impact in your community. Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a criminal background check.
CAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Coalition to Abolish Slavery & Trafficking (CAST) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CAST complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Applications for this position should be submitted via the following job link: https://castla.applicantpro.com/jobs/919901.html with a cover letter, resume, writing sample. Due to the high volume of resumes received only qualified candidates will be contacted. No Phone Calls Please.
Benefits package includes medical, life, disability, sick/vacation leave, and a 403(b) plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.