City Year Milwaukee is seeking an Impact Manager (IM) who will lead and develop a team of AmeriCorps members (ACMs) as idealistic, emerging leaders and practitioners focused on strengthening schools and supporting students to improve performance. Reporting to an Impact Director, the IM plays a critical role in implementing City Year’s school-based Whole School Whole Child (WSWC) service model, mission, and practices. The IM is also an effective talent developer who will support AmeriCorps members through a challenging and rewarding year of service.Job Description
This may be the job for you if...
• You lead through your connections with others, create spaces where individuals can flourish and grow, and support them to find meaning in their work.
• You are always learning. You work on your own growth and development and authentically model that work for those you lead.
• You are a collaborative worker with a strong sense of ownership over your success, strategy, and organization to execute on your plans.
AmeriCorps Member Experience
Manage, coach, and develop up to 20 ACMs though a personally rewarding year of service where they strive to meet impact goals while reaching their leadership potential; Model leadership that is fueled by City Year's culture and values; Familiarize self and serve as a resource catalyst in supporting ACMs with identifying policies and community resources to leverage when experiencing personal hardship; Facilitate ongoing dialogue that empower ACMs to build meaningful relationships throughout their service year as well as engage in discussions related to diversity, belonging, equity and inclusion.
Build Conditions for Success in our Schools
Build and cultivate strong partnerships with teachers, principals, school staff, and other key decision makers and stakeholders; Manage implementation of partnership agreement between the school and City Year Milwaukee; Ensure the necessary conditions and resources are in place for their team of ACMs to deliver attendance, behavior, and course performance interventions for students.
Service Delivery & Impact
Implement City Year’s WSWC model with fidelity at respective schoolhouse; Make data-informed decisions to ensure tutoring, classroom support, afterschool programs, and school-wide initiatives align with the shared goals of the school/City Year partnership.
Local and National Organizational Initiatives
Devote up to 10 days a year to ACM recruitment interviews; Serve on a cross-departmental committee to collaborate on site-wide initiative(s); Assist with service projects, Opening Day, Annual Gala and other side-wide designated events; Attend local and network-wide professional development and learning events; Host City Year's potential and current funders on a school tour and roundtable
What does a typical day look like?
1) Start of day centering meeting with team
2) ACM and student observations
3) Review student achievement data
4) Review ACM lesson plans, student engagement data and offer feedback
5) Individual meetings with AmeriCorps Members
6) Coach ACM through communication challenges and conflict resolution
7) Connect with school administration to review upcoming initiatives and mutual expectations
8) Meet with Impact Director for your own support and development
9) Coach ACM through supporting a student going through a difficult time at home and share appropriate community resources
10) Attend and support After School Programs
11) End of day centering meeting with team
• Experience building and growing complex professional relationships with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders.
• Experience holding people accountable to performance goals and navigating difficult conversations.
• Experience managing diverse teams, particularly managing teams of early-workforce members.
• Ability to apply creative problem solving when faced with perceived barriers.
• Ability to translate mission and vision from organization level to individual level and draw connections between mission and daily work.
• Ability to navigate complex topics and parse them for specific audiences.
• Additional Qualifications:
o 2-3 years of relevant experience, work in the education sector preferred.
o National service experience is a plus.
o Familiarity with Milwaukee Public School system is a plus.
City Year Milwaukee is seeking an Impact Manager (IM) who will lead and develop a team of AmeriCorps members (ACMs) as idealistic, emerging leaders and practitioners focused on strengthening schools and supporting students to improve…
Full time employees will be eligible for all benefits including vacation and sick days and organization holidays. You may participate in all benefit programs that City Year establishes and makes available to eligible employees, under (and subject to all provisions of) the plan documents that govern those programs. Currently, City Year offers medical, dental and vision, life, accidental death and dismemberment and disability coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), other benefits including 401(k) plan(s) pursuant to the terms and conditions of company policy and the 401(k) plan document.
Employment is contingent upon completion of all satisfactory background checks, verification of your eligibility to work in the United States, and any other documentation that may be required. Your employment with City Year is at will and either party may terminate the employment relationship at any time and for any reason, with or without cause or notice.
City Year’s core values include advancing diversity, social justice for all, and inclusive environments where everyone can thrive. We aspire to become an antiracist organization, to support the holistic growth and development of our AmeriCorps members, and to promote educational equity for all students. We work each day, in partnership with schools and communities, to ensure that people of all identities feel welcome, valued, empowered and engaged.
As an equal opportunity employer, City Year is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
City Year encourages people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply, particularly Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC); those who are first in their family to attend college; adults without a college degree; LGBTQIA+ community; and people from low-income backgrounds.
Full time employees will be eligible for all benefits including vacation and sick days and organization holidays. You may participate in all benefit programs that City Year…
Please complete the online application and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV" field on the "My Experience" page. Internal applicants should apply through cyresource.
Please complete the online application and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV" field on the "My Experience" page. Internal applicants should apply through…