The People & Culture Manager is responsible for developing and executing initiatives that will support and enable our diverse and dedicated team to succeed and contribute to the organization's mission.
They will enhance and support Opportunity@Work's (O@W) Diversity and Inclusion strategy to positively and measurably improve overall engagement, connection, happiness, and trust.
From leading new hire onboarding to developing the organization’s approach to Learning and Development, this person will impact every stage of the O@W team member lifecycle.
This is a role for a creative mind, a problem solver, a great communicator, and an implementer who has a passion for diversity and inclusion.
This person will report to the Director of People and be based in Washington, D.C.
Diversity & Inclusion
- Support the continued development & incorporation of practices to embed Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) into all aspects of the team member lifecycle (recruitment, onboarding, performance management, development, mobility, retention and engagement)
- Provide input into org-wide policies, procedures and practices to ensure all efforts continue to support a culture of diversity and inclusion
- Support and enable D&I workstreams including resource groups, events, and education by providing coordinated tools, resources, and guidance
- Develop performance indicators for measuring the efficiency of diversity initiatives implemented
- Keep current on external diversity programs and developments
Learning & Development
- Help develop and implement Learning and Development initiatives that will result in enhanced capability and performance of members of O@W
- Empower O@W team members to feel ownership over their career and personal growth through impactful programming and delivery of self-serve resources
- Identify and assess training needs, research ideas, propose topics and curriculum and determine whether to develop content in-house or engage outside vendors
- Stay current on developments and innovations in training in the industry sector so the organization’s training activities remain relevant
- Define budget requirements to meet training objectives; track training costs for the organization
Team Member Onboarding
- Lead the onboarding process for all new hires
- Identify and recommend methods to automate, simplify, and enhance onboarding processes including content, procedures, and technology
- Support the Director of People in recruiting efforts including sourcing, interviewing, candidate scheduling and experience, and conducting references checks as-needed
Employee Relations & Engagement
- Provide strategic support to the Director of People by formulating and recommending org-wide programs that promote a higher level of engagement, fun, productivity, and foster team member retention
- Act as a cultural steward; work with team members at all levels to develop overall capability to foster a healthy, cohesive, collaborative, fun, fair and equitable workplace
- Work with the Director of People to monitor and track team member engagement through pulse surveys while identifying and implementing ways to improve team member experience
- Plan and organize the org’s internal events and social calendar (off-sites, team building events, in-office events, brown bags, holiday party, etc.); manage and administer the org’s culture & events budget
HQ Office Support
- Provide logistical support with the establishment and day-to-day running of the organization's new headquarters including developing and maintaining a safety incentive program in a post-COVID work environment.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- 3 years of progressive Human Resources management experience including employee onboarding, recruiting, conflict management, and employee relations
- Previous experience leading D&I programs
- Broad knowledge of diversity and inclusion processes, procedures, best practices, resources and networks
- Demonstrated knowledge of learning and development strategies
- Basic understanding of industry learning trends and best practices, adult learning theory, and instructional design principles
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities, handle multiple projects, and meet deadlines
- HR certification a plus