Horizon House, Inc., is a nationally recognized provider of services to adults with support needs due to developmental disabilities, behavioral health issues, and substance abuse. Horizon House is Pennsylvania’s oldest psychiatric rehabilitation agency. Since 1952, we have been dedicated to helping people with mental illness, drug and alcohol addictions, developmental/intellectual disabilities, and homelessness to stabilize their lives and to help them live as independently as possible in the community. With over 100 locations throughout South and Northeastern Pennsylvania and the state of Delaware, Horizon House provides services to a diverse population focusing on individual strength and choice.
We are seeking a qualified Human Resource Manager to support the Behavioral Health Services division. As a liaison between the assigned area(s) and the HR department, the HR Manager ensures that the personnel needs of each department are met through appropriate communication of agency policies and procedures and by maintaining an open door availability. The HR Manager guides and instructs all levels of employees in the application of Human Resources related issues. The HR Manager provides direct supervision and ensures training for any direct reports. Some of the responsibilities include:
· Assuring sound employee relations practices by helping employees understand and consistently apply policies and procedures. Working closely with supervisors to ensure consistent policy application as it relates to corrective counseling actions, grievances, terminations, and affirmative action.
· Partnering with program management to develop new services for individuals with disabilities by supporting their staffing and other HR support needs.
· Conducting recruitment efforts for all personnel, students and temporary staff in a rapidly expanding work environment; ensuring appropriate staffing levels by sourcing qualified applicants; developing and implementing recruitment strategies.
· Routinely monitoring performance of new employees in conjunction with supervisors/managers. Recommending and providing training and development programs to facilitate improved performance and retention.
· Maintaining compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment. Recording and preparing information for local and federal reporting; maintaining other records, reports, and logs to conform to agency policy and external regulations.
· Recommending new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in the efficiency of department and services performed.
· Ensuring that established salary plan guidelines are maintained. Identify problem areas and recommend changes to maintain internal equity and agency’s competitive position in relevant labor market.
· Participating in the design and implementation of in-service training programs specifically Human Resources issues.
Horizon House, Inc., is a nationally recognized provider of services to adults with support needs due to developmental disabilities, behavioral health issues, and substance abuse. Horizon House is Pennsylvania’s oldest psychiatric…
Horizon House offers competitive compensations and a comprehensive benefit package including: medical & dental, (9) nine paid holidays, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement, retirement savings plan, voluntary tax sheltered annuity, transit benefit program, opportunities for advancement and more.
To be considered an applicant, please apply www.hhinc.org/careers.
Horizon House is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Veteran Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Horizon House offers competitive compensations and a comprehensive benefit package including: medical & dental, (9) nine paid holidays, generous paid time off, tuition…