Details: commensurate with experience
42 Broadway, Suite 2001
OUR CONSULTING PRACTICE
At Coro Partners, we support organizations, teams and groups as they work to collaborate, exercise leadership and drive change. We work with clients to custom design engagements that meet their needs, and our services include leadership training, team retreats, coaching and change management consulting. We work in and beyond New York, supporting groups that include both seasoned and emerging leaders. Our clients come from many different fields and sectors (see a partial list of clients here) and many are alumni of Coro’s leadership programs. Our work is designed to help institutions, teams and individuals hone their visions for change and learn how to practice leadership more effectively, strategically and with greater self-awareness and impact. Our efforts are focused in three key areas: helping people more productively collaborate and communicate across differences, building culture and community, and equipping folks to lead change and make progress on shared challenges.
Coro is New York City’s premier leadership training organization and a community of more than 2,500 alumni across business, government, schools and nonprofits that is shaping the city’s future. For 35 years Coro has used the city as its classroom – teaching students and executives, activists and entrepreneurs how New York works so that they can make it better.
At Coro, we value:
- Community- where we actively contribute toward the well being of each other, the team, and our organization.
- Innovation- purposeful risk-taking to make the work we do inspired, relevant and cutting-edge.
- Learning- asking questions with genuine curiosity, sharing with others what you have gained, engaging multiple perspectives, and seeking feedback towards growth.
- Purpose- we are intentional about why we do what we do and how we do it; being rooted in purpose inspires and drives us, helping us define clear outcomes and create aligned and impactful processes to get us there.
Coro is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a diverse work environment that reflects the richness of New York City and the participants we serve. In this spirit, we strongly encourage people of diverse backgrounds including, but not limited to, race, gender, age, socioeconomic status, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, and differently abled to apply.
POSITION OPENING - CONSULTANT, CORO PARTNERS
Coro Partners is seeking a new full-time team member to lead consulting projects with clients and carry their own portfolio of engagements. This position requires the ability to move projects through their full life cycle, from business development and contracting to organizational assessment and delivery of services (both training and consulting). We are seeking an individual who works well both independently and collaboratively, enjoys a fast pace, gets energy from a new challenge, gets joy from inventing new processes, can skillfully manage external relationships, and has a sharp eye for details to support this new practice and deepen our impact in our alumni community across New York City and beyond.
The Consultant will report to the Senior Director of Training and Consulting at Coro Partners and work closely with the Manager of our consulting practice. The Consultant will be trained in the use of Coro methodology, as these tools and frameworks form the basis of our approach with clients. Previous exposure to Coro curriculum is valuable but not at all required.
- Business Development
- Cultivation of prospective clients
- Proposal writing, project scoping and contracting
- Support of marketing efforts
- Meet annual revenue targets
- Client Management & Delivery
- Development of comprehensive work plans and project timelines
- Using Coro curriculum and methodology, design projects and content responsive to each client’s needs
- Delivery of assessment, training, consulting and/or facilitated dialogues
- Design and conduct evaluation efforts and debriefs
- In partnership with Manager, oversee all logistics, planning and materials for client engagements
- Other Responsibilities:
- Contribute ideas to support the continued development of the training & consulting practice
- Attend various alumni and other programmatic events to promote Coro Partners
- Support other organizational efforts and initiatives as assigned
KEY SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Consulting, Facilitation & Coaching
- Experienced leadership development and/or organizational development professional required
- Strong skills in:
- Group Process
- Experiential Learning
- Curriculum Design
- Listening and Inquiry
- Business Acumen
- Ability to pitch work, write proposals, negotiate costs, manage multiple stakeholders and close a deal
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of audiences working in a wide array of fields and sectors
- Knowledge of models and best practices to guide business development and marketing activities preferred but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High emotional intelligence
- Ability to build positive rapport (trust, credibility, etc.) with clients and new groups quickly
- Strong commitment to confidentiality
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with clients at all times
- Highly reliable with very strong time management skills
- Ability to manage conflict productively and professionally
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Ability to work at a fast pace, lean into challenges and think quickly on your feet
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Drive & Commitment
- Strong desire for continued growth as a trainer, facilitator & consultant
- Commitment to self-development
- Willingness to lean into discomfort
- Strong drive and interest to learn (or deepen knowledge of) Coro methodology
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree in related field strongly preferred
- At least 3-5 years experience in consulting, leadership development, organization development, training design & delivery, change management or other related field
-Flexible work schedule with some evening and weekend work required
-Health benefits, a 403B retirement plan, paid sick days, and generous paid vacation
Minimum Education Required