Details: Annual salary based on experience and qualifications.
350 W Julian Street, #5
SV@Home is the voice for affordable housing in the Silicon Valley. With an 11-person staff team and a 20-member Board of Directors, SV@Home drives the creation of affordable housing for a more vibrant and equitable Silicon Valley. SV@Home’s approach focuses on policy advocacy, education, and messaging to build the political will to support policies, programs, land use, and funding that will increase the supply of affordable housing for all in Santa Clara County. SV@Home’s vision is a Silicon Valley where all people have access to a safe, stable, and affordable home.
SV@Home is a membership organization, with 300 organizational and individual members who represent a wide variety of sectors and backgrounds.
A 501c3 nonprofit organization, SV@Home is currently in the process of incorporating a new 501c4 organization.
SV@Home is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented, and organized candidate to support its administrative and events programs. The Administrative and Events Coordinator is primarily responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations of the office, supporting SV@Home’s board of directors, and managing logistics for events and meetings, including SV@Home’s annual Affordable Housing Week in May. This is a full-time (40 hours/week), non-exempt position that reports to the Operations and Development Manager at SV@Home’s office in Downtown San Jose.
- Serve as the organization’s first point of contact for visitors and email and phone inquiries.
- Keep the office organized and running efficiently. Manage facilities, initiate and maintain property management and vendor relationships, keep supplies stocked, ensure office is clean and equipment is working, and troubleshoot IT issues as they arise.
- Submit invoices, mail checks, manage purchasing, and reconcile monthly credit card receipts.
- Support planning and preparation for Board meetings, conference calls, events, and off-site meetings. Attend and take minutes at Board meetings, and provide general Board support.
- Assist Executive staff with calendar management, emails, travel arrangements, and monthly expense reporting.
- Support the development team with fundraising campaigns and mailings.
- Process and track donations in Salesforce database, send out monthly acknowledgment letters, and create reports for Executive staff as needed.
- Support the Operations and Development Manager with HR, including hiring and benefits management.
- Complete general administrative tasks and other project assistance as required.
- Schedule, handle logistics, including securing venues and ordering food, and prepare necessary materials for meetings and events, including SV@Home’s monthly lunchtime forums, stakeholder roundtables, Affordable Housing Week, and special events. Manage day-of logistics.
- Create and manage Eventbrite registration webpages and manage guest lists in Salesforce.
- Track sponsorships for Affordable Housing Week in Salesforce, follow up on pledged donations, and assist with sponsor communications and acknowledgments.
- Draft event announcements for newsletter and keep web calendar updated with SV@Home and partner events.
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience as an office manager, administrative assistant, or similar position.
- Must be detail-oriented, good at communication, and a proactive and collaborative team member.
- Must have the ability to work well under minimal supervision, problem-solve, and handle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Salesforce or a similar CRM system is highly desired, including data entry, workflow creation, and reporting.
- Experience organizing and structuring office systems, files, and procedures is highly desired.
- A commitment to affordable housing, social justice, and good public policy is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook and Wordpress is highly desired.
- Event planning or events management is a plus.
SV@Home offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; vacation and sick time; 10 paid holidays plus a holiday office closure from December 25th through January 1st; a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan and employer match; a monthly phone stipend; and a parking or public transit stipend.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications will be accepted until 5pm on Monday, November 26th or until the position is filled. Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Administrative and Events Coordinator Application” in the email subject line. Qualified candidates will be contacted if selected for an interview. Phone calls will not be entertained.
SV@Home is an equal opportunity employer to all regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, actual or perceived gender identity, age, or sexual orientation.