Senior Program Manager - Women in Apprenticeships & Non-Traditional Jobs
- Job posted by Vermont Works for Women
Details: Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
32A Malletts Bay Avenue
Vermont Works for Women is growing and looking for team members who believe passionately in advancing economic opportunities for women! The Senior Program Manager will be responsible for successful implementation of a new program funded by the US Department of Labor to support women’s entry into apprenticeships and other non-traditional jobs. This is a one-year grant funded position with high potential for continuation as a grant-funded or core-funded position of Vermont Works for Women.
1. Build strong working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective program implementation, problem solving and achievement of program objectives.
2. Ensure financial and administrative systems are in place to meet grant compliance requirements.
3. Serve as primary liaison between VWW and U.S. DOL grant administrators.
4. Serve as primary liaison between VWW and grant sub-recipients and partners
5. Develop sub-recipient and partner agreements and provide training to partners involved in program implementation
6. Participate in recruitment and training of Technical Advisor to support the program.
7. Develop detailed timeline and work plan for program implementation, including support of sub-recipient and partner work plans.
8. Monitor progress towards performance targets and deliverables, recommending and overseeing adjustments to implementation strategy as needed to ensure targets are met.
9. Identify external consultants and lead the marketing and awareness building program to ensure potential participants, partners, and employers are aware of, engaged in, and supportive of the project.
10. Work with partners and key businesses to develop mentoring opportunities for participants through the creation of program materials
11. Oversee reporting to the donor by preparing and ensuring timely submission of required reports as well as updating partners on progress, challenges, and recommended adjustments.
12. Supervise the work of the program Technical Advisor who will also be 100% dedicated to the project. Their work will focus on the recruitment of participants and the evaluation of their support needs, the provision of soft-skills training to participants, and the provision of training to employers and partners on diversity, gender equity, and best practices for union members and employers.
13. In coordination with the Technical Advisor, deliver training to participants and TA to partners as needed.
14. Work with closely with all VWW staff to ensure regular exchange of information and resources to facilitate program implementation and take advantage of existing in-house expertise
1. Model exemplary leadership skills and behaviors to program participants and staff
2. Promote and represent this and all VWW programs and services to internal and external stakeholders.
3. Participate in regular VWW staff meeting and support VWW operations as a member of the VWW program team
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree and/or applicable work experience relevant to position requirements
- 5+ years’ experience developing, implementing, and managing community-based programs.
- Experience managing U.S. government grant funded programs strongly desired.
- Knowledge of the workforce development programs and the workforce development landscape in Vermont, preferred
- Knowledge of gender issues in the workplace and specific content area(s) represented in the program, preferred
- An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills, a well-organized and self-directed individual who is politically savvy and a team player.
- Proficient with basic data management systems and Microsoft Office programs
Success factors (i.e. personal characteristics that contribute to excelling in position):
- Strong commitment to and enthusiasm for VWW’s mission to support girls and women to explore, pursue and excel in work that leads to economic independence
- Models exemplary professional skills and behaviors to program participants and staff
- Excellent interpersonal and public-speaking skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience collaborating as part of a dynamic team
- An entrepreneurial spirit, willingness to chip in to help regardless of job title, and comfortable managing ambiguity in a dynamic, growing environment
VWW provides a competitive benefits package, including health, dental and 401(k) contribution.
Level of Language Proficiency
Excellent communication skills in English, written and oral, required.
Minimum Education Required