Details: Salary based on experience, up to $45,000
515 North Street
The YWCA White Plains & Central Westchester is currently seeking a full time Special Events & Volunteer Engagement Coordinator. The candidate will assist the Director of Fundraising and Communications with effectively planning and executing all YWCA White Plains & Central Westchester’s special events, including the annual In the Company of Women luncheon and annual Movers and Shakers dinner by the bite event. This position is also responsible for individual and corporate volunteer recruitment and coordination.
Full time: The schedule for this position requires weekday as well as occasional weekend and evening hours to manage volunteer group activities, committee meetings, and events to benefit the organization.
· Assist with the planning and execution of special events, including but not limited to, the annual In the Company of Women luncheon, annual Movers and Shakers dinner by the bite, and assist with other events as needed. Includes:
· event logistics, securing event space, vendor contract negotiations, invitations, budget, in-kind donations, developing script, staffing for events, and post-event evaluation, etc.
· Oversees corporate sponsor fulfillment (forms, logos, tickets, attendees)
· Assists Director of Fundraising in leveraging interactions with event volunteers, donors, sponsors, Board members, public officials, and stakeholders toward event goals
· Attend and assist with Committee meetings directly related to events.
· Coordinate with the Development Team on the concept, coordination and scheduling of events.
· Attend each event to ensure it runs smoothly.
· Maintain agency calendar of events
In collaboration with Marketing Coordinator:
· Maintain up to date event details on the YWCA website.
· Post event details on social media and maintain a steady presence leading up to each event with additional details and reminders.
· Promote events via community calendars
· Send media alerts for all events.
· Maintain an up-to-date database of volunteers, community partners, committees and their contact information.
· Anticipate, understand, and respond to needs within the organization that can be reasonably served by volunteers
· Assist Director of Fundraising and Communications in developing relationships with individuals, local corporations, student organizations, religious and spiritual organizations, and other community service organizations.
· Place volunteers in roles that fulfill and foster commitment to YWCA White Plains & Central Westchester
· Engage potential partners and volunteers via social media, group presentations, and monthly newsletters.
· Maintain YWCA presence through promotional and educational activities in the community, such as volunteer fairs and other programs.
· In collaboration with Marketing Coordinator, maintain up to date volunteer opportunities on YWCA website and Volunteer Recruitment partners.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience: At least 3 years’ experience in event planning and volunteer management. Computer skills must include proficiency in Microsoft office suite, graphic design software, and social media platforms. Experience with web and mobile technologies; web content management; and e-mail marketing systems a plus.
The YWCA of White Plains and Central Westchester is a dynamic organization whose mission is to eliminate racism and empower women. Each week over 4,000 women, children and their families are served through our child care, nursery school, after-school, and summer camp, athletic and mission-based programs. In addition, the YWCA provides homes for 193 low-income women at our Residence.
The YWCA is an AA/Equal Opportunity Employer
Full Benefit Package
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume with cover letter