Job title:Grants & Contracts Coordinator
Department: Grants & Contracts
Based in: Washington, D.C.
Reports to: Director, Grants & Contracts
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI'ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI's Grants & Contracts Department serves as the one-stop shop for guidance on donor regulations, award negotiation, and compliance training. We're responsible for helping our staff navigate the complexities of donor requirements and the terms and conditions of their awards. We approach grants and contracts compliance holistically – ensuring the correlation between programmatic, financial, and donor requirements. Our aim: Collaborative compliance solutions for sustainable PSI programs.
We are looking for a tech-savvy Grants & Contracts Coordinator to help us bring order to the chaos which inevitably comes with an increasing portfolio of complex awards and subawards. The G&C Coordinator is an organized, clear communicator and has a demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize a variety of tasks, sometimes on short notice within designated deadlines. S/he serves as liaison helping to facilitate communication and coordination between G&C and other PSI departments and has at least 2 years of prior experience working in a fast-paced office environment.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Work with the G&C team to help monitor and keep track of compliance and regulatory updates;
- Maintain the G&C SharePoint page;
- Prepare informational newsletters to disseminate updates;
- Provide support to the Awards & Compliance Officers with award set-up in SharePoint; and
- Update prime award database and maintain documentation on SharePoint, in collaboration with the Officers and the Document Review Coordinators.
- Maintain centralized tracking systems for the following: Trafficking In Persons Annual Recertification; USG Contracts; 2 CFR 200 Annual Subrecipient Audit Certification Letter Status; Subrecipient Audit Reports; PLGHA Incorporation Status; Uniform Guidance/CFDA/DUNS Number; Prime Award Access Database; Quarterly Subaward Update; Departmental leave status; Contracts Mailbox status review; Award Setup; Activity Setup Status review; Field Grading; NDAs/TAs; List of Attendees of G&C Trainings; and G&C SharePoint Changes and Reminders Tracker.
- Coordinate logistics and manage production of reference materials for domestic and international workshops, trainings, webinars, and brownbags;
- Process invoices and reconcile of departmental expenses;
- Work with Grants and Contracts staff to update subaward database information;
- Engage in the review and update of Grants and Contracts tools and templates;
- Assist with travel arrangements; and
- Other general support as required.
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI's corporate values:
- Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
- Pragmatism: You'll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won't be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
- Honesty:You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it's the only way you'll learn and improve.
- Collaboration: You'll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won't succeed.
- Trust:You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt
- Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent years of experience.
- At least 2 years of prior work experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced computer skills: MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint, and knowledge of graphic design.
- Ability to compose reports, presentations, memos, emails, and other written documents in an organized, logical, and concise manner. Ability to write well is extremely important, as are attention to detail and correct grammar usage.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills, especially with time-sensitive work.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with special attention to detail and timeliness.
- Proven ability to develop routines to manage large workloads and organize work efficiently.
- Comfortable conducting online research related to donor regulations.
- Ability to collaborate and participate in teams with a can-do, positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Readiness to interact with a variety of people and assume diverse duties and tasks.
- Stellar communication skills and an ability to develop strong partnerships, especially in a diverse, global environment.
- Customer-service oriented.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive with the ability to work with minimal supervision and follow through on assignments.
- Demonstrated interest in continued engagement in improving Grants and Contracts tools, templates, and policies.
- Knack for exercising discretion.
- Demonstrated interest in international health and development issues.
- French language skills required. Spanish language skills a plus.
References will be required. Must be authorized to work in the United States. N.B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship and relocation expenses will not be covered for this position
*Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted. Curious about your status? Please log into your iCIMS account to find out.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
Minimum Education Required