Details: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
1299 E. McLemore Ave.
The Director of Operations will work closely with the Chief Operating Officer to implement efficient systems and structures to support a strong school culture and promote academic excellence. Operational quality is a determinate factor in the success of MDP and our students, and the Director of Operations is instrumental in implementing the vision for all school operations. The Director of Operations will ensure that the physical space and environment facilitates and enhances excellent teaching and learning; that obstacles to academic achievement are anticipated and avoided; and that staff, students, and families are able to focus on learning and growth in every moment. The Director of Operations is responsible for many of the essential non-human resources at MDP: space, materials, systems, and external relationships. The Director of Operations will work with the COO to create, implement, and refine systems to maximize the power and efficiency of these resources in the service of our mission. The Director of Operations reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Manages school’s physical condition.
· Ensures that school is neat and clean and that minor repairs are completed quickly.
· Ensures books, materials, furniture, and equipment are properly inventoried, stored, and accessible.
· Is responsible for overall visual impression of school and ensuring all building decorum is maintained and reflects the MDP brand.
· Performs daily, weekly, and monthly building walk-through; prioritizes items to be addressed and takes required action steps.
· Manages relationship with custodial staff and maintenance vendors.
· Receives deliveries, transports boxes to appropriate building, unpacks and inventories supplies as required.
· Oversees inventory and maintenance of technology equipment to ensure all teachers and staff members have fully functioning technology.
· Works closely with technology consultant to address issues.
· Monitors instructional technology to ensure that technology issues do not interfere with instruction.
· Manages relationship with transportation vendor.
· Ensures dismissal lists are updated daily and all students get home safely.
· Coordinates arrival and dismissal procedures.
· Assists COO in onboarding new staff.
· Works to create a positive staff culture and teaching environment.
Finance and Purchasing
· Processes invoices and ensures timely payment of bills.
· Makes regular supply purchases and understands overall supply budget.
· Works with COO to develop, refine, and implement school safety procedures.
· Coordinates with outside organizations to provide additional health and safety services for students.
· Assists with student and family enrollment process and family orientation; facilitates parent involvement.
· Participates in student registration process from recruitment through enrollment.
· Responds to non-academic issues that may arise during the school day
· Completes individual ad-hoc projects and all other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree or higher required
· 2+ years experience in an urban school or community organization highly preferred
Skills and Qualifications
· Ability and willingness to learn quickly on the job
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent data management and analysis skills; experience managing and manipulating complex data sets with Excel
· Demonstrated and documented ability to execute daily systems with efficiency and fidelity
· Comfort and willingness to actively participate in school community and school activities, including teaching electives, tutoring students, leading events for and with families, and chaperoning field trips
· Ability to lift and move boxes/furniture with use of a hand truck
· Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player
· Belief in and alignment with MDP’s mission
· Drive to improve the minds and lives of students in and out of the classroom
Medical, dental, life, retirement
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required