The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
New York City is one of the largest purchasers of government health benefits in the nation and is uniquely positioned to directly impact the health of a significant fraction of New Yorkers and demonstrate the impact of a workplace wellness initiative. WorkWell NYC is New York City’s workplace wellness program, housed within the Mayor’s Office of Labor Relations, serving more than 380,000 City of New York employees who work to maintain a vibrant, safe, and thriving city. Our mission is to empower City employees to Eat Well, Be Well, Move More, and Take Action to live healthy, active lifestyles at work, at home, and beyond. Beginning in FY20, WorkWell NYC has partnered with Thrive NYC to deepen and expand its Be Well initiative, designed to address mental well-being, stress, and resilience in the workplace.
The part-time WorkWell NYC Partner Program Coordinator will support program development and implementation, create promotional materials, and track program outcomes. The position will be based at the partner site, ACS, with which WorkWell NYC works closely. The position will begin as soon as possible and requires the candidate to work 25 hours per week, with a minimum commitment through August, 2021. The position is compensated at a rate of $35/hour; potential to extend the position will be based on performance.
· Coordinate and implement wellness programming, including the development and execution of events and activities, and seek opportunities to expand engagement in wellness programs
· Developing educational materials to promote health and well-being
· Making site visits to assist with program implementation
· Have previous experience with public health program development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation
· Have a strong skill set in communications (flyer design, writing, etc.)
· Be a self-starter, with attention to detail
· Be flexible and able to balance multiple assignments
· Be energetic, enthusiastic, and creative
· A master’s degree from an accredited college or university with a specialization in an appropriate field of physical, biological, or environmental science or in public health is preferred.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This is a part-time position for 25 hours per week. The hourly rate will be $35/hour.
There is potential for this position to transition to the Office of Labor Relations, and therefore candidates must meet City employment eligibility requirement including NYC residency. The position is currently remote, with the expectation that the candidate will be available to attend on site based on guidance by the agency (ACS and OLR) as well as the City.
To apply, send Resume, with Cover Letter, including how your experience relates to this position. We ask that you do not contact FPHNY staff directly and will accept no phone inquiries. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health…