The Research Scientist will assist senior research scientists on EcoHealth Alliance projects to examine the dynamics of pathogen transmission within and among wildlife populations, livestock, and humans; as well as the risk of spillover, patterns of infection, phylogenetic relationships of emerging zoonotic diseases. The candidate should be self-motivated and proactive. The Research scientist will need to have a collaborative approach to research, a positive attitude towards solving complex problems, and creativity. This position is a critical part of our science base and the will actively and collaboratively engage in expanding the boundaries of our research on CoVs and support our EID-SEARCH programs in Southeast Asia. Above all, a passion for understanding the process of zoonotic disease emergence and a keen desire to stop the next pandemic is key.
· Assist with grant and manuscript writing
· Coordinate and take minutes on meetings and calls
· Provide program coordination and grant management support
· Some assistance in outreach to donors, potential collaborators, and other institutions at conferences, scientific, and public meetings may be required
The Research Scientist will assist senior research scientists on EcoHealth Alliance projects to examine the dynamics of pathogen transmission within and among wildlife populations, livestock, and humans; as well as…
· 1-to-3 years’ experience working on projects funded by US Federal agencies as well as prior non-profit, academic, or equivalent positions
· Strong writing and verbal communication skills with a keen eye for detail
· Self-driven, highly motivated, organized, and willing to perform research and administrative duties
· Strong interpersonal skills; a willingness to place team before self and a strong sense of diplomacy
· Previous experience in Southeast Asia is a plus
· Cultural sensitivity
· Willingness to work some mornings, evenings, weekends as necessary
· Fluency in written and spoken English required
At EcoHealth Alliance, our vision is a workplace with a diverse and talented staff where people want to come, to stay, do their best work, and grow. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote our staff without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or socioeconomic status. This position is based at EcoHealth Alliance in New York City and will entail extensive domestic and international travel. EcoHealth Alliance offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and a 403(b) pension plan. EcoHealth Alliance is proud and deeply committed to being an equal opportunity employer. For further information about EcoHealth Alliance, please visit our website: www.ecohealthalliance.org.
HOW TO APPLY
Send an email with a single attachment in PDF format containing (a) a cover letter, (b) CV, and (c) three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with "2020 EIDSEARCH RESEARCH SCIENTIST SEASIA" in the subject line. If you would like to be considered for more than one job position, please indicate that in your cover letter and list your order of preference. Emails without the subject line or with multiple attachments will not be reviewed. No formal text is required within the body of your email, since emails will not be evaluated. All inquiries will receive an automatic response confirming receipt. Only appropriately qualified candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in EcoHealth Alliance!
HOW TO APPLY
Send an email with a single attachment in PDF format containing (a) a cover letter, (b) CV, and (c) three references to email@example.com with "2020 EIDSEARCH RESEARCH…