Details: Salary DOE
4322 Wilshire Boulevard
Harmony Project is an award-winning research-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that targets at-risk youth in underserved areas of Los Angeles. We promote positive youth development through year-round music lessons and ensemble participation.
We are currently hiring a full-time Program Manager.
The ideal candidate will possess:
● 3-5 years previous experience in a similar position in the fields of youth development, music education and/or arts education administration.
● A personal mission, vision and values that align with Harmony Project’s
● A passion for social change, community empowerment and youth development
● Knowledge of music and education
● Creativity, leadership and cooperation skills necessary to develop both a musical/artistic vision and sense of community at a site that has the buy-in of Teaching Artists, students, families and community partners
● Superior written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work well with diverse stakeholders at every level of the organization
● Excellent organizational skills, the ability to smoothly juggle and prioritize multiple complex tasks, and to be able to responsibly delegate as needed to support staff.
● A strong sense of humor and ability to gracefully handle stressful and sometimes troubling situations
● Fluency in all Microsoft Office programs, prior experience using contact databases
● Bilingual in Spanish and English strongly preferred but not required
● A driver’s license and proof of valid automobile insurance; flexible work schedule to include some weekends, weeknights, and holidays
The Program Manager is responsible for:
● Overseeing all group and individual lessons and ensemble rehearsals at their site
● All student administration at their site
● Organizing and producing end of semester concerts and juries
● Creating and overseeing annual budget for their site
● Ensuring that students and teachers at their site adhere to all of Harmony Project’s policies
● Communication with community and site partners
● Creating and organizing special programming for parents
● Being aware of extra-musical issues in the lives of the families they serve and referring students and families as needed to partner social service providers
Excellent benefits; Salary DOE
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and two current references to: email@example.com with Program Manager as the subject line.
Harmony Project does not discriminate on the basis of race, sexual orientation, color, gender, religion, national origin or ethnicity in student admissions or in any program it administers.
Minimum Education Required